Friday, July 23, 2010

Free SVG/Cut File: Bird Couple Sillouhettes--Doodle & Cut

Hi everyone! I have a quick project for you today--so easy peasy and fun! I drew these two bird sillouhettes tonight--to use with a quote by Langston Hughes. "Hold fast to your dreams, without them, life is a broken wing bird that cannot fly".
I wanted the birds to have a time-period feel of the 20's, so I drew them in sillouhettes, and added a top hat for the male wren and bow for the female quail. I used Inkscape and Scal2 to create. I used a font to doodle the scripted quote on the birds and heart--and used my cricut to cut the paper piecings out...all using SCAL. I used a silver metallic gel pen from Cri-kits to doodle my scripted quote...which I think turned out absolutely beautiful. If you have never used the pens in combintation with your cricut please check out my Video called Doodling with Your Cricut. It's quite easy to combine pen details with your diecuts using the cricut!
I'm posting the FREE svg & scal2 file for you to grab. Please make sure to leave me a comment or thank you if you enjoyed my file. It makes my day!
I'd love it if you would follow my blog--I promise if you follow me, I'll follow you! Just make sure your blog is listed under your blog profile, or you leave it in the comment section for me.
I hand draw each one of my files to ensure a high quality cut. I do not trace any of my work--so there are no weird tiny pieces. This takes a great deal of time to draw, reduce nodes, and convert. Please respect my tous in the file when you download. Thank you and enjoy your day getting creative with your hands and cricut!

All the best-from my hands to yours,
Kandrew