Saturday, January 22, 2011

Repost: Hey Ya'll: A Whimsical Fly Swatter for all those who wish to swat in style!

**This is a repost of a an altered flip flop I did when I first started my blog in July! How fun to repurpose a flip flop into a fun fly swatter. I wanted to repost this for Bella's Repurpose Project**
Hey ya'll! Here is two pics of the projects I made last night and today. I made two very stylish fly swatters--this is an absolute MUST have for every Southern woman--you all know how we have to swat those flies--and why not do it in style?
The first one I made for my mother--dragonfly themed. The SVG for it is a freebie for you to grab.
The second one I made is for me--I love owls and my craft room is FILLED with them. It features Wee Hootie (you might recognize him from the chalking video).
I'm working on another one right now (well two of them I won't lie). I'll post those tomorrow. See the quick video tutorial on how to make and gaudy up these precious little swatters--for any of your favorite lil pests!
I used sulyn glitter glue for my dragonflies and a diecut from my cricut--free svg is posted here too!
I CHALLENGE each of you to find an old flip flop of your child's--or a new one--and show us a flip flop that's all you--your style. No rules--you just have to use a flip flop! Best follower's flip flop (say that three times fast) gets a a lil goody bag of posh gaudies! All you have to do is hop off the computer and get busy blinging out your best flip flop design! Then leave us a comment to your blog addy or site where you have your flip flop. Woohooo--bugs beware--cute swattin' scrappers on the loose!
Ya'll come back tomorrow for a review and quick project-and the Free Dragonfly SVG-plus my latest flip flop masterpiece! wink wink

 All the best--from my hands to yours,


K Andrew