Thursday, July 1, 2010

Review: SNR Magazine

I have tried out the SNR Magazine, Scrapbook News & Reviews. It's a huge site that is filled to the brim with all sorts of scrapbooking articles. It is an online magazine that focuses on cards, scarpbooks, and mixed media. I was excited to log on to see what it was like. Here is my experience.
First of all, I had a hard time maneuvering inside of the magazine. It takes a bit of time to figure out how it is set up. It is not a traditional online magazine. It does not go by page numbers. It goes by sections--but each section is part of a bigger one. It's almost like a BIG site full of articles and ideas--and you have to do a bit of digging around.
It is however filled to the brim with layout ideas, tips, and articles about digital art, traditional scrapbooking, card making, and mixed media. It is a sister to SNR Universe.
The magazine is broken into sections: Photography, Current Calls (you can submit your artwork for publication), scrapbook articles, page sketches, digital delights--the list goes on and on. I think I was sucked in for several hours!
If you like reading online articles and being part of a magazine, this one is for you. If you like a traditional magazine, or fatigue easily reading online, this is not. It has over 400 layoutss contributed per month.
So if you like reading online--and want a great online magazine that covers all the bases, try them out. it is 4.99 per month. I have a hard time sitting for hours in one spot--so I will check this periodically--but do not think I could read it religiously.
Does anyone already subscribe to this? Weigh in and leave a comment to let everyone know how you like it.


SNR Magazine