Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tutorial: Boxer Secret Keeper & Book, Review

Hi yall! I'm back today with a quick review and tutorial. I was visiting Lake City about 2 weeks ago. It is about 1.5 hrs from my home in Jacksonville, FL. They have the CUTEST scrapbook store called Scrappy Papers! On their blog, it says Home away from Home, and they are not joking--it has the most amazing homey feel--like cheers--when I saw people walk in, the people in the back would call out to them, hey marsha, how ya been doing? What are you working on? Just a Mayberry feel! If you are ever in the Lake City area, please hop over and see them. You will be thrilled that you did! It's like visiting the local mercantile of scrapbool stores!
It looks like a small store in a brickfront building--but when you enter--it's like stepping into the pages of Country Sampler. It has the most charm--a bench in the front foyer--which my son decided to lay down on towards the end of the trip, as he was tired (tired from scrapbook shopping). He also found the wagon full of scrapbook supplies charming! The last time we were there, he enjoyed the company of the owner's very small dog--who was absolutely better behaved than most people!
The owner, Gail I believe is her name,  has to be one of the nicest people--she is always conducting classes in the back of the store--every time I've went it happened to be a Cricut class! She never lets you leave her store without a nice compliment and genuinely warm feeling.
The store is just FILLED to the BRIM with new products. This is where I found the Secret Keeper by Boxer Scrapbooks. I picked two up and here is what I made. I think my boys with love the novelty of the keys and working lock (great touch there by Boxer).
For ease of use I give this a 6 out of 10, as there were no directions with it.
Charm a 9 out of 10 and price 9 out of 10.
If you are interested---here is the website printed on the package: http://www.boxerscrapbooks.com/
Above is the picture of how I used the secret keeper and a short tutorial on using it.
If you like it and would be interested in trying it, make sure you leave me a comment with how you would use it (you have to be a follower to win).
I'll also give a follower a couple of paperbag albums. If you haven't tried these and would like one, just leave me a comment letting me know you'd like to try those out.

All the best--from my hands to yours,
K Andrew