Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tutorial: Quick Project: Night Owl Crafting, Review: Banana Leaf Paper

 I was in my LSS, and I saw some banana leaf paper. I absolutely have a HUGE obsession over paper--especially new types of paper. This is because I'm a paper piecer, and love textured papers that can give my piecings dimension. So I picked up this banana leaf paper.
The banana leaf paper comes in a few different colors--the one I chose is a dark brown called "Rugged". It tends to look like dark brown wood/bamboo! I picked it up for this reason--thinking it would make a great "tree" or branch paper piecing.
The 12x12 paper is banana leaf on one side and fusible webbing on the other...which makes it impossible to cut with a digital cutter. I tried! It splintered and made quite a mess! However, it is absolutely BRILLIANT to cut with scissors--and gives a truly wood "feel" as well as look!
It is by Creative Imaginations, made in the Phillipines, 12 x 12, and comes in a few different colors. There were about 6 colors that I saw--but I felt like brown was my best bet--I couldn't really get excited over green or blue "woodsy" paper! It retails anywhere between 1.99 and 2.99 per sheet.
Make sure to leave me a comment and I'll choose a follower who comments to receive a 6x6 sample of this Rugged Banana Leaf paper--just enough for a great paper piecing or sign!
I give this product a 9 out of 10 for quality, and 7 out of 10 for ease of use (just because I couldn't use my cricut to cut--as it splinters), and a 10 out of 10 for uniqueness. Would I buy this again? Absolutely!!!! It gives the look and feel of exotic wood for my projects--just like my sign that you see above, and below in my video!
If you enjoyed my "owl"some adventure today--(hahah) leave me a comment--it so brightens my day & night! I'll also send ONE follower who commented a banana leaf paper sample, and ONE follower this owl file FREE!

Night Owl (Purchase Here)
Owl can be purchased in my Store: K Andrew Designs

"Creating a "WOOD" sign for your door using your cricut & scissors!!!"

All the best-from my hands to yours,
Kandrew