Monday, August 23, 2010

Tutorial: School Owl Scal & Finished Layout

Whoooo's Ready for School???

Hi all my gracious and creative blogging friends! I'm at it again--making another super quick easy peasy layout--but let's not forget cutie patootie. Did I use enough "sweet" words there? Haha!
That is just what this layout is--super sweet for my youngest one who went to his first day of school last week!
This file is designed and created by me.  The first video shows you how to open, cut, and assign your file in SCAL. The second part shows how to assemble, and create a finished layout! This layout took me 20 minutes start to finish!

Leave me a comment, and I'll choose a follower who comments to receive some of these SUPER cute Silver Owl Charms! I think they just add such a kitschy charm! Don't forget your comments also count toward the K&Company Big Blog Candy package!

Ingredients for this Whoooo's Ready for School Layout:

Whoo's Ready for School Owl Cutting file set by Kandrew Designs
In a Roundabout Way Paper from Cloud9Design
Red Rick Rack, Turquoise wide Rick Rack
Silver Owl Charms (sorry these came all the way from Japan)
Hairpin from Walmart
Red Swiss Dot Ribbon from May Arts

You will need: SCAL or another Program to use my digital cutting file. the file is offered in ALL formats: ai eps svg scal knk wpc gsd, etc It also includes finished picture example, and step by step paper piecing/assembly guide.


Part One: Cutting the School Owl in SCAL



School Owl Part Two: Creating the Layout and Paper Piecing Owl

Enjoy, and thank you for letting me share your day--

All the best-from my hands to yours,
KAndrew