Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tutorial: Journey-Leaving a Legacy



My Journey--the first page in my Legacy scrapbook

Hi everyone! Here is a quick layout for you--using the Sentimentals Cricut Cartridge. While I was at Crop out Cancer, I met two fabulous girls Chan & Christine. Chan was winning me over with her journaling--she was explaining how important it was for telling the story that no one sees. Then she told me that Christine had done an all about me album. This was intriguing for me--I've never scrapped myself--in fact I'm rarely in the albums--as I'm the one taking pictures.
Then last night I saw a movie called Unstrung Heroes--and my book began to take shape in my heart--which is where my journey always begins--when it takes shape there, I know I will finish it. I decided I definitly want my sons to know Me--not just the mom they see--but the person I am...so this is the very first page of My Journey.

Ingredients: Heidi Swapp World Traveler Papers (Old coat, dots, and compass)
                    Heidi Swapp World Traveler Extras (Glossy, and Clear)
                    Black Organza Dot Ribbon by Creative Impressions
                    Brown Doodle Clear Adehsive Border by Lucky You!
                    Owl, Victorian chair from Sentimentals Cricut Cartridge

If you do not have access to the Flap paper that I happen to luck upon, you can always make yours? How? Take a 4" x 12" Paper and "hinge" it to your main 12x12 page--using masking tape--one half of the masking tape on the back of the flap, 4x12, and one half on the back of the main page--voila!

GIVEAWAY---Leave me a comment and I'll send one follower who comments a set of the Lucky You adhesive clear borders (these are just so cool--because they look like doodles as they are completely clear on your papers--just loving these!!

All the best,
Kandrew