Monday, October 25, 2010

Tea for You and Tea for Me! A bit of Whimsy for Monday, Monday!


Tea Time Panda Bear!
Hi all my creative bloggie friends and readers!! I don't know about you, but I am SO lazy sometimes about getting started on a cartridge! I've had the pagoda cartridge for several weeks and haven't made a thing with it! Then I got this beautiful ribbon, and voila--an idea struck~this ribbon has an orient vibe to me.....
Isnt this little girly panda the cutest? I mean it's only proper that a panda bear would definitly be drinking hot tea and from a VERY cute teapot at that! When I was in Japan, lots of characters drank tea and ate little decorative rice cakes and sushi! You would even find fabric printed with fun little characters doing all sorts of things--riding bicycles, baking cakes, working in a tea shop, etc.....I loved Japan--it is a fabulous place full of whimsy!
 I made this cutie (don't you just love her hair-bow) using the Pagoda cart. I think she's falling asleep from too much tea--sigh--time for a nap!
Dimensions as follows:
Cherry Blossom on page 55 at 6" (I cut the very top off of this blossom for my card)
Panda 3.5" on page 36
Tea pot and cut at 2.5" on page 67

Ingredients for this card:Pagoda Cartridge
Jeweled Black ribbon from Renaissance Ribbons
Small red rhinestones
Zig paint pen (silver/gold dual tip)
Green, Red, Pink, Black, White cardstocks
White signo pen to highlight sleepy eyes

I hope your Monday is off to a fabulous start--and that you enjoy a bit of joyful whimsy today--grab a tea or coffee and take one minute for yourself today--one minute to do something for yourself--whether it be a cup of tea, a nice daydream, or a small indulgence (can we say ribbon--you know that would totally be mine)!

all the cricky best,
kandrew