Saturday, December 4, 2010

BIG NEWS!!!!

Hello all my dear creative friends and readers! I have some exciting news (for me anyways) to share with you!
ScrapStreet Magazine is a digital online magazine that has over 10,000 monthly subscribers. The magazine features digital, traditional, hybrd, altered art, and cards. Their site has a million hits a month.
Many of you are already familiar with ScrapStreet Magazine. Now ScrapStreet has created a NEW magazine called GingerScrapStreet. This magazine will combine digital with traditional as a HYBRID magazine! They have asked me to be a staff writer for them, and I'm thrilled!
You can SEE me announced as one of the nine writers for the magazine HERE
I will have two tasks each month as a staff writer for GingerScrapStreet.
My first task will be to scrap! I will scrap hybrid layouts (combining digital with traditional) for their "showroom" section of the magazine. This section features a certain manufacturer, and each writer will create a layout using that manufacturer's items. I will also scrap for the Pixel Place section of the magazine. This sections features a free digital kit from a manufacturer, and each writer will create a layout using the provided digital kit.
My second task will be to write an article on hybrid scrapbooking and papercrafting! I will focus on a technique or theme, and then also collect submissions from designers to be featured in this article.
What is Hybrid? Hybrid is what 99% of us do each time we create a card, a layout, or most any other project. You simply combine digital with traditional. Any time you print something from your computer, use your digital scrapbooking elements (whether digitallly or printed out), use a digital stamp, brush, or even use your digital diecutter with SCAL or MTC, you are creating a hybrid project.
Each month I will put my "Design Call" out with the magazine, who will put it out everywhere on the web for design calls and magazine submissions. I will also put my call out here to my blog readers.
My first article will appear in the January edition--the first edition of GingerScrap.
I have submitted my topic for approval, and as soon as it's approved, I will post here. I don't know if any of you will have design work on my topic, but I'm sure most of you will have created something with my topic. If not, and you are a quick scrapper--you will be in luck! Of course, I receive submissions from the magazine as well.
I hope that you will let me know if you are a hybrid scrapbooker or papercrafter and if you are interested in being published in GingerScrapStreet. Just leave me a comment and how to contact you.
Also, be looking for my Current Design Call, as soon as I receive approval. After my first two issues, I will be doing Design Calls TWO MONTHS in advance, but until then, it's going to be less notice.
Thank you all for loving my blog and me enough to share your day with me. I truly appreciate you my dear friends!