Thursday, March 10, 2011

Je t'aime Lousiana!! Traiter pour vous!

Eating a Boudin ball at Randols! Oh my!!

Oh me oh My! Give Lousiana a Try!!! If you have never been to Lousiana, my dear Cajun Crickies--you don't know what you are missing!
On the Bayou in my Blue Topped Boots

I absolutely LOVE Lousiana and am LOVING my stay here! This is stop # 2 on our big road trip out to Cali!

My Two Handsome Cajun Men
We are staying in Duson, LA...and visiting the surrounding areas!

We have been eating like true cajun royalty! If you know me, you know I don't even watch ANY television at all...except Swamp People and some Paula Deen! I LOVE Swamp People!

Well today we took a swamp tour-it was awesome! However, it reminded me of home--my mama and daddy own about 50 acres on the river--so seeing alligators, the swamp, cypress trees, it's nothing new to me! I grew up this way!

We actually came ALOT closer to this alligator, but my hubby didn't like pointing the camera out any closer than this shot! hahah! He is SOOOOO funny--he's a Yankee--really not accustomed to wildlife up close!

Here is Mittens our cat--wearing his Mardi Gras beads right in the heart of Lousiana--well in our RV anyways! heehee. My sister's hubby is Creole, and they celebrate Mardi Gras--so she actually put these beads on our cat before we left! Then my hubby put them back on when we arrived here in Duson...so Mittens would feel "right at home". hahah!

COOLEST scrapbook store in Lousiana--Create 365

I found the CUTEST scrapbook store called Create 365-which you MUST come back tomorrow (Saturday) for--I have a VIDEO and blog goodies for you! The owner, Amy is amazing! I think I will have to fly back down here just to take one of her classes and visit again-SERIOUSLY! She is just the BEST!
Tonight is the Pinkalicious blog hop hosted by Robyn of My Pink Stamper. So make sure you come back tonight 8pm central time-I have a cute project with some great giveaways. You will love seeing all of the fabulous projects from the Pink Stamper Design Team!

**GIVEAWAY**Okay and just for suffering thru ALL of that...here is a little giveaway for you today! A 6x6 paper pad (24 super cute sheets) called My Friend Birdie by Nikki Sivils, courtesy of Create 365! While I was stuffing my basket full of goodies for you, Amy pressed this into my arms for you guys--isn't she awesome???!!!!
This paper pad just gives you a HINT of what is to come--what do you think the hint is???? hmmmmm
Leave me a comment, and one amazing blog reader will WIN this paper pad today!