Sunday, March 27, 2011

Simply Sunday Challenge: For the Birds...His Eye is on the Sparrow


Hi everyone! Your favorite bird brain here on a fabulous Sunday! Ever notice the best things we save for Sunday? heehee!
First I want to announce the winner of the Simply Sunday All a Flutter Challenge.......
#39 Rachel Miller. Here is Rachel's winning card!

Congratulations Rachel! Please email me your name, item won (Butterfly Stamp Collection), mailing address, your email for your Guest Designer Blinkie,  and let's get together for your Guest Design Spot here at Getting Cricky!
Now for today's post.....
Ooops...forgot to announce the winner for the felt butterfly collection...#9 PurpleLadyBug said...

Gorgeous card, but then again everything you create is goregous :) TFS Still waiting for my craftroom to get finished up...all my supplies are packed away :(

I chose birds today because one of my favorite hymns is His Eye is On the Sparrow. Here is just the first few verses. If you arent' a churchy person--that's okay. I'm not religious--or churchy (I'm not wrapped up in formalized religion--to clarify). For those that might not be a Christian, that's okay. I am open hearted--you are my friend. I don't believe in judging anyone other than myself. If I can't remove the log from my eye, trust me...I'm not going to try to remove the toothpick from  yours.
What I am is myself, and I share what I feel... I have a personal relationship with Him, Jesus Christ. This of course spills over to every area of my life...
I remember hearing this song since I was very small. Being raised in the South, my grandmothers would sing to me while we would work and do chores. If you have never heard of this, please feel free to click the video link.

Why should I feel discouraged,
Why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart feel lonely
And long for Heav'n and home,
When Jesus is my portion?
A constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches over me;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me


Now that we are all feeling encouraged....
Today I'm showcasing one of Loralie's stamps: Birdies. This was my first stamp that I picked out of her stamps at CHA. I know it may be a little known fact...but..I love birds! I'm trying to get Loralie to make an Owl stamp--I sure hope she does! You know she does take requests--you should hop over there  by clicking HERE and ask her to make your favorite--ahem--an owl one! lol!
So today's challenge is easy peasy! Just make any BIRD themed project--whatever kind of bird you want to use--and however small or great--is up to you! You can use ANY materials you want, and make ANY project you want! This was seriously a VERY quick and easy card--just the kind I like!

For my card, I am using Loralie's Birdies stamp collection. This is also the Grand Prize for winning the challenge, plus you get to be a Guest Designer the next challenge with Getting Cricky! (We all know that is what you are dying for right--hahah).
Ingredients for this Bird Brain Card... (It takes one to know one--heeeheee)
Birdies stamp collection by Loralie (Click Here to See/Order)
Tweetie Hoo stamps by My Pink Stamper (Click Here to Order)
Brown Textured Cardstock
Black, White Smooth Cardstock
Swiss Dot Brown Grosgrain Ribbon by Offray
Black Organza Rose Trim by Piktails (Click Here to Order--just email her and she will send this right off to you--it's $1.50 a strand--you just can't beat it--I place an order with her about every month--she is awesome)
White Gel Pen, Black Pen for accents
Copic markers in assorted shades of brown
Black Ink Pad (Memento)
Adhesive (Tombow Mono Adhesive)

Now let's see what the Getting Cricky Guest Design Team has come up with.....
Please welcome my NEW Guest Designer Kathy Parks. Kathy won my last Simply Sunday Challenge: Sugar & Spice. Kathy is a very talented designer whose blog is filled with VERY sweet projects! Her blog is aptly called The Three E's. Please hop over there and check her blog out, and become a follower! You will be glad you did! Look at the adorable bird card that Kathy did for you this week!


Brenda Burfrau joins us again this week...isn't she awesome??? Brenda's blog has lots of great inspiration and tutorials--make sure you click HERE to check out her blog Creativity is a State of Mind. You will be glad you did!

Brenda's Whimsical Bird of Many Colors-Click HERE to check her card out

Sunshine Spot:  3 Bird-rrific Prizes just for leaving me a comment today!

Bird Bling by Basic Grey
Bird Stamp set by Basic Grey

Pretty Pink Book of Rub-ons with burnishing tool by American Crafts

Make sure you leave me a comment. A fabulous follower & friend will win one of the bird-alicious giveaways just for leaving a comment--even the lazy bones who don't do the challenge (you know who you are--heehee)
My Video today shows you what Loralies stamps look like, how to stamp them, etc
My Quick Video for you today

Challenge Details:
1. Make any Bird related project (open to your interpretation) and post by 4/09 at midnight!
2. Link your project up under the Inlinkz tool (you will need a blog, facebook photo, online photo album, etc)
3. Leave a comment after you link up
4. Note that your project is for Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday challenge with a LINK back here (this must be present, or I will not be able to identify your project is for this challenge)
5. Make as many projects as you desire
6. Winner receives the Birdies Stamp set (shown at top of page) from Loralie Designs & Guest Design Spot (with blinkie)
7. Let's have a GREAT time! We bird-brains need to stick together!