Saturday, March 19, 2011

Simply Sunday Challenge: Pack Your Bags!!



Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying a very blessed Sunday in your favorite way--whether it be with your loved ones, relaxing, a day of worship, and/or enjoying your favorite activity. I am about to head to bed, as it is VERY early Sunday morning here in Tombstone, AZ!
We enjoyed a fabulous day here in historic Tombstone. Jonas loved wearing his spurs, holster and cowboy hat down the same road that Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday traveled! We even rode in the original (very very old) stagecoach!
Okay on to our fabulous Simply Sunday Challenge! As you know our last winner was Jess Marin who won the Pack Your Bags cartridge, courtesy of Memory Miser! I received this cartridge, and it was an absolute joy to work with! I made a card and layout that will be featured in Memory Miser's newsletter and gallery. So if you want the details, make sure you hop over to Memory Miser or sign up for their newsletter HERE.
Jess will hopefully be joining us at some point, when she is able for a guest design post! However, I have invited back my fabulous first Guest Designer Brenda of Creativity is a State of Mind--and boy does she have a fantastic project to share with you! I just sent Brenda a special little thank you goody package--because I appreciate her sooo much! This is her third challenge joining in--thank you Brenda! Watch your mailbox sweet girl!
Part of the prize for winning a Simply Sunday Challenge here is to be a Guest Designer here at Getting Cricky for the next challenge, and a lovely prize!
THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the Simply Sunday Challenge: Sugar & Spice for the Sugar & Spice Cricut Lite Cartridge and Guest Design Spot. There were soooooo many absolutely fabulous submissions. I'm still making my way (now that I have internet again) to each of your blogs to leave you comments.  Our winner for Sugar & Spice is.......# 21 Kathy. Here is her adorable card!


Kathy please contact me with your name, item won (Sugar & Spice Cart), address, and let's get you set up for a week to guest design here at Getting Cricky! Congratulations Kathy! Woot! Woot!

Okay...is everyone ready for the newest challenge?!! Well you guessed it...Pack Your Bags! Anything you can think that relates to that, go for it! What will you win? The new Quarter Note Cricut Cartridge shipped to you by Memory Miser!!!
Here is my layout called Beach Fun! I created this using the Pack Your Bags Cartridge from Memory Miser! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this cartridge! If you haven't grabbed it, do hop over there to Memory Miser and snag it! Make sure you tell Marla at Memory Miser that I sent you over! I design for Memory Miser, and really LOVE that I do! PS Don't forget they have free shipping over $50.00. I just went shopping over there last month, and bought all the Imagine cartridges that they had! I am SO excited and will be sharing a project with you each week using my new toy! More about that soon!


Here is my card! Heeheee! It was also created using only Pack Your Bags, along with sentiments from Even More Punnylicious stamps from My Pink Stamper.

Brenda's Bon Voyage Card--isn't this adorable?

CHALLENGE....so the challenge is to create any project that gives meaning to Pack Your Bags! Vacation, travel, etc--how you interpret this is up to you! It can be any project (treat box, card, layout, tag, etc) using any materials. I would LOVE to see a cricut/diecut  used, but I'm not mandating it. I want everyone to be able to participate.

Simply Sunday Challenge Details:

**Winner receives the new Quarter Note Cricut Cartridge from Memory Miser**

**Make any project with a Pack Your Bags/Travel theme--use any supplies you desire

**State in your blog post this is for K Andrew's Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky (with a link back here to my blog please) If you do not state this, I will not be able to identify your entry and count it towards the prize. This is simply a must!

**Make as many NEW projects for this challenge as you desire

**Link up your project with Inklinz and please leave a comment after doing so

**Deadline for this project is April 2'nd at midnight

(I would LOVE for you to follow my blog, and post my blinkie, and if you choose to follow, please make sure your blogger profile has your blog link or leave a comment for me, so I can follow your blog too..however following my blog is not required to participate)
THANK you sooo much to each of you for joining me today and allowing me to share a bit of my day with you. I feel BLESSED to have you here with me. I hope your day is simply fabulous and special-just like you!