Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Simply Sunday Challenge: Sugar & Spice with ALOT of Nice!

**Please scroll down to see newer posts--as this will remain the 2'nd post**
SIMPLY SUNDAY CHALLENGE with K ANDREW at GETTING CRICKY!

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a simply blessed day--I'm posting this a bit early.... I am going to start having my challenges on Sunday--so everyone knows what day to tune in for the newest challenge! I will probably post a challenge every week, but you will have TWO weeks to finish it..atleast for now. I am afraid giving only one week just wouldn't be enough time, and I want everyone to have ample time to create something!
So since this is Friday...you have an extra 2 days to get this challenge started!
I went to Walmart here and bought the cutest cartridge called Sugar & Spice...and have created a sweet easy card for my oldest son's teacher. My oldest son has Aspergers, and his teacher this year is wonderful..thank GOD! We feel SO blessed to have her!
TREAT FOR YOU!!! If you WIN this challenge, you will have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer here at Getting Cricky. You will receive a Guest Designer Blinkie, permanent link here on my sidebar here at Getting Cricky, and the prize of....this Cricut Lite Cartridge: Sugar & Spice. If you already have it, you can take it to Walmart, I'm sure, to swap it out for another Cricut Lite.


Ingredients for this Card:
Polka Dot Mat: 5.75x5.75 (Penny Lane)
Paisely Flower Mat: 5.25x5.25 (Paper Studio)
Sugar & Spice Cricut Lite Cartridge (Provocraft-Walmart)
Cut Elephant at 4", Cut Scallop tag at 2.25"
Textured Cardstock: Brown, Pink
Smooth Cardstock: White
Ink: Vintage Photo (Tim Holtz Distress: Ranger Industries)
Pen: White Gel (Marvy), Brown Stampin' Up Marker



CHALLENGE....so the challenge is to create any project that is a little sweet and spicy--how you interpret this is up to you! It can be any project (treat box, card, layout, tag, etc) using any materials. I would LOVE to see a cricut cut used, but I'm not mandating it. I want everyone to be able to participate.

Simply Sunday Challenge Details:
**Make any project with a Sugar & Spice theme--use any cartridge or supplies you desire
**State in your blog post this is for K Andrew's Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky (with a link back here to my blog please)
**Make as many projects for this challenge as you desire
**Link up your project with Inklinz and please leave a comment after doing so
**Deadline for this project is March 19'th at midnight

(I would LOVE for you to follow my blog, and if you choose to follow, please make sure your blogger profile has your blog link or leave a comment for me, so I can follow your blog too..however following my blog is not required to participate)

THANK you to each of you for visiting me today and allowing me to share a bit of my day with you. I feel BLESSED to have you here with me. I hope your day is full of wonder, blessings, and love today.