Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kick off Summer Blog Hop Day 2 of 5: Hometown Summer!!! MONDAY


Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us this week as we Kick Off Summer with fun ideas to celebrate the best time of the year...Summer!! It's now DAY 2 of this summer-licious blog hop!!!

Welcome to the Summer Kick-Off Blog Hope.  We've assembled a great line-up of Blogs for you this week, each with a variety of different ideas to share with you!   Some of the blogs change content daily, so you'll want to check in throughout the week for your chance to win prizes!  The Twinery has provided a giveaway for one person who visits each blog!  Here's all you have to do to qualify:  Visit each blog and then send me one email telling me a topic that is currently or has recently been featured on each site.  Not hard and it gives you a chance to really check out these great blogs!  To enter send the email to practicalscrappers@gmail.com



If you just came from Stuck On U Sketches, you are in the right spot, if not, make sure to hop back over and see them or start at the beginning with Practical Scrappers.


I had the privilige of working with the Hometown Summer Line from Pink Paislee, and I just ADORE this line! It's super duper cute!!! I wanted to share a few projects that I made and don't forget I will have another great giveaway to add to the Summer Basket--making that two prizes! eeeek!

We currently live in an RV and we LOVE it! It's like camping everyday but in a relaxed manner. There is no rushing to pack up or pack out! We get to meet many amazing people and there's always someone for the boys to play with!

Summertime is such a FANTASTIC time for families! I know that every summer my mama and daddy plant a BIG garden! You will find me each summer traveling down to mama and daddy's to help them. Every morning, before it's hot we travel out to the garden to pick peas, squash, okra, beans, and anything else that might be ready. My mama and daddy plant watermelons, canteloupes, corn, all kinds of peas and beans (my favorite is the very small field peas--ladyfingers), peanuts, tomatoes, the small red potatoes, okra (oh fried okra is my absolute favorite!), and greens. My mama and daddy plant a summer and winter garden.
Now our favorite activity is sitting around shelling peas and sharing stories! There's nothing like shelling peas and just talking to the most amazing people in the world--family! It's also alot of fun to pick off peanuts and have a big peanut boil!
We also travel down to the bay and ocean in my daddy's big boat. My daddy loves to throw his cast net, and we plod along with him from spot to spot; trolling around in the big boat and stopping to get drinks at the little stores on the water.
We also go to the river...where my mama and daddy own about another 60 acres. Where we live is only about 10. We go down there and fish for catfish and brim--ooooohweeee--brim is my all-time favorite! We see alot of gators and snakes, but we don't eat those. I know some folks do; but we avoid them!
Afternoons are the best sitting outside, eating watermelon and sipping on either sweet tea or lemonade. My mama has a lemon tree too. We also have peach trees, blueberry bushes, and grapevines. The kids love to ride around in the big Helix and fourwheelers.
Life is wonderful visiting my mama and daddy. They live in the same house I came in from the hospital. I remember so many great times playing outside in the playhouse, in the garden....it's just great times.
I never knew that walking around barefoot wasn't a normal practice till I grew up and left the South. Of course mama and daddy wouldn't let us go barefoot into town (that was a big NO NO in their book after the age of 10). Of course alot of folks did, but honestly it became a big faux pas as time went by...I remember by the time I was 12 I saw some folks do it, but not many.
When I was young, I wasn't sure living in a small town was that great--but now I realize how amazing it was. Of course as time marched on, the town grew and grew, and now it's a big place.
Okay on to my projects--that's enough rambling!!! heehee! Both of my projects feature the Hometown Summer Line by Pink Paislee and my newest line of sentiment stamps: Food for Thought and Positive Thoughts!

3D Summer Basket by K Andrew
Supplies: Hometown Summer paper, embellishments (Pink Paislee),  Positive Thoughts Stamp Set (K Andrew Designs Art Stamps), Hometown Summer Stamp set (Pink Paislee), Ink: Memento, Ribbon: Offray
Sentiments say: Go ahead...wear your rose tinted glasses, Hooray!


Loving You is Sweet by K Andrew
Supplies: Hometown Summer paper & diecut (Pink Paislee), Food for Thought stamp set (K Andrew Designs Art Stamps), Ribbon: Offray
Sentiment says: You are....Sweet


SUMMER BASKET GIVEAWAY! Yesterday the first item in the Summer Basket you can win was the fabulous Scrap N Tote! Today I'm throwing in the HomeTown Summer Art Stamp Set by Pink Paislee!



Please remember you must leave a comment everday to qualify for all the goodies in the Summer Basket! eeek it's going to be stuffed full by Friday! I'm so excited!!! Just leave a comment, and I'll choose one follower. Don't forget you can follow and subscribe to my blog; if you do and are a new follower, please make sure to leave me the addy to your blog so I can come follow you too!
I'd love it if you chose to check out my new stamp line too (just click on the products tab at the top of my blog!)
Now it's time to hop on over to Frosted Designs to see the fantastic summer project they have for you!