Monday, June 13, 2011

Stampin' Good Day 1 of 5: Stampin' Out Hunger in Children plus treat!

Hello all my BERRY SWEET readers! I'm so happy you are joining me today for a fun week of stampin' and cricutin' fun till the big release this Friday!
Don't forget that I'm releasing my 1'st stamp line this Friday at 6pm PST, 7MST, 8CST, and 9EST on Ustream HERE (click and go ahead and join my crowd so you can be ready) and then a blog hop starting right here with all of my new fabulous design team members! We will have giveaways, fun projects, and other fun goodies in store! It's going to be my first Ustream, stamp release, and design team all rolled into one! lol!
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Join my FACEBOOK page too as I have a Creative Charms Giveaway and Peachy Keen Face Set giveaway on there right now just for going over and "liking" my page! CLICK HERE

As you know, and I stress this because it's very important to me...all of my stamp sets benefit charity. Atleast $1 per stamp set for the lifetime of the stamp set sales will be donated to the charity noted. You will see a small Charity Counts on the stamp card header and it will tell you which charity. You can also check my Charities or Products tab on my blog or online store.
I'm very excited because this is something for me that is a fruit of labor. I've worked a freelance job for 9 mths to be able to afford to launch my own stamp line without taking away from my family. No one has helped me, and it's been a total learning experience, but you know when you work hard for something and it's not given to you--you appreciate it more! So I'm thanking the LORD right now for His blessings, and that I can use this to help others who can't help themselves with a little help. I wish you could see HOW excited I am that this dream of being able to donate to so many charities is coming TRUE. It is all thanks to each of you! Thank you for having big artsy caring hearts!!!
Today's stamp set that I'm featuring is called Food for Thought and is to stamp out hunger in Homeless Children. My charity that I'm donating to and featuring today is one VERY dear to my heart, as I have two young boys and have been a teacher for 11 years........

Storefront Shelter: A Shelter for the Homeless Children of San Diego. This charity gives 86.5% of every dollar rasied DIRECTLY to the children to provide shelter, clothing, food, therapy, and other assistance to get children out of the streets and back into a safe environment (home or a new home). I really admire this organization because they take to the streets 6 nights a week looking for homeless children...and yes there are children living on the streets.
I always think of all the many reasons children could be on the streets..and it's not just 'naughty' children running away. Often these children leave because their foster or home situation is violent, they are forced out, abused, or dropped off and abandonded. I try to think...if something happened to me and my husband, and my parents were already gone from this Earth...they could take my kids and put them into an abusive foster home...my kids might run away...they could be a child living on the street. All it takes is ONE accident, and their world could be ripped apart. That child on the street could be MY child, YOUR child, YOUR niece, nephew, grandchild.....and they are defenseless and innocent until the streets toughen them--eeeek okay tears!!!!

So today my DT, who is an AMAZING group of girls with BIG hearts, has made some adorable projects using their stamp sets. They were each sent a different set so you can see a variety of projects each day from ALL of my four of my first stamp sets...Did you know there are 6 being released? Yes 6 to get started and hopefully provide a variety. TWO are surprise sets! You will be seeing them very soon...

I just want to say that I'm very proud of my DT members...we have a NO DRAMA tolerance on our group; and we are open and supportive to each other. Each of them had 30 days as a trial to see that it's right for them and the blog. So you will see the OFFICIAL DT this Friday of who has been selected as the final design team. Each girl I've worked with is unique, special, caring, and I am thrilled that I have been able to get to know each one of them. I will be wishing them all nothing but the very best, and can't wait to show you the finalized team for the next two months. Then we will have a new DT in 2 mths--so be on the look-out if you are interested. I've already had several emails...there is no secret to being chosen. I will be looking for NO DRAMA girls who have BIG hearts and who are LOYAL to the Getting Cricky team and charity work we will be doing. I'll be choosing first from the girls who are active at the blog--joining in challenges, leaving comments, participating in facebook, etc. Easy Peasy...not worried about popularity, big followings, extreme talent, etc. Pretty much just BIG open honest hearts--if that's you....think about joining in here--we would love to have you!

CHARITY COUNTS: Today's Charity I want to introduce you to is the STOREFRONT SHELTER FOR HOMELESS CHILDREN. It is my "Signature Charity" and where all other monies will be donated. I plan on using all the other monies that are not used in stamp production, sponsorships, etc to go to them after all is said and done each month.
CLICK HERE to visit them and see the amazing work they are doing!

More than 2,500 youth are seen annually out on the streets by the Outreach Team.  As part of The Storefront's mission, outreach workers search the streets of San Diego six nights every week in search of homeless children, providing them with survival information, warm clothing, something to eat, and an opportunity to get off the streets.
Here is my stamp set: Food for Thought today that benefits this amazing charity (you will see this charity more than once in my stamp sets)
TOTAL TO DATE RAISED for STOREFRONT SHELTER: $122.00
I will be dropping off a check to them at the end of this month. I'm SO excited and can't wait to give this money to the children's shelter!!!! Until I can get this thing rolling, I'm also matching it!!!
Now onto our projects (I promise tomorrow's post won't be as long-winded! lol!) MAKE SURE YOU VISIT EACH OF MY DT MEMBERS and ME every day this week, because I have an AWESOME prize package for ONE awesome follower who comments on EVERY post this week on Stampin' Good! Also, most of my DTs have blog candy over there too--so don't forget to click on their post and leave them a comment to be eligible!!
Ketchup with you soon! by K Andrew
Supplies: Food for Thought stamp set (K Andrew Designs Art stamps), Block Party Cricut Cartridge (Provo Craft), Cardstock:  WeRMemoryKeepers, Jo-ann's *courtesy of my friend Cricut Chick* (Thanks girl!), Twine: Twinery

I could just squeeze you! by Erika Valdez
Supplies: Food for Thought stamp set (K Andrew Designs)

God Bless the USA by Amy Voltz
Supplies: Freedom Isn't Free Stamp set (K Andrew Designs)


Red Hatter by Kathy Parks
Supplies: Fashionable Friends stamp set (K Andrew Designs)


You are the weaver of your own Dreams by Rebecca Henry
Supplies: Positive Thoughts stamp set (K Andrew Designs)


HAVE a GREAT day today--and don't forget to leave a comment to win the SURPRISE package that I will add to EVERY day! You must comment on EVERY post Day 1-5 to qualify!

Day 1:
Peachy Keen Princess Face Set


See you tomorrow! Don't forget you can subscribe to my blog or follow, and grab my blinkie from my sidebar. I would love it if you did!