Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stampin' Good Day 2 of 5: Stamp out War Devestation for Veterans

Hello all my amazing friends & readers! I'm so happy you are joining me again today for a fun week of stampin' and cricutin' fun till the big release this Friday!
Don't forget that I'm releasing my 1'st stamp line this Friday at 6pm PST, 7MST, 8CST, and 9EST on Ustream HERE (click and go ahead and join my crowd so you can be ready) and then a blog hop starting right here with all of my new fabulous design team members! We will have giveaways, fun projects, and other fun goodies in store! It's going to be my first Ustream, stamp release, and design team all rolled into one! lol!
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Join my FACEBOOK page too as I have a Creative Charms Giveaway and Peachy Keen Face Set giveaway on there right now just for going over and "liking" my page! CLICK HERE I think we only have a few entries over there at FB so head over and there and then spread the word--you might just win. Chances are REALLY good with only 5 or 6 entries!

As you know, and I stress this because it's very important to me...all of my stamp sets benefit charity. Atleast $1 per stamp set for the lifetime of the stamp set sales will be donated to the charity noted. You will see a small Charity Counts on the stamp card header and it will tell you which charity. You can also check my Charities or Products tab on my blog or online store.
I'm very excited because this is something for me that is a fruit of labor. I've worked a freelance job for 9 mths to be able to afford to launch my own stamp line without taking away from my family. No one has helped me, and it's been a total learning experience, but you know when you work hard for something and it's not given to you--you appreciate it more! So I'm thanking the LORD right now for His blessings, and that I can use this to help others who can't help themselves with a little help. I wish you could see HOW excited I am that this dream of being able to donate to so many charities is coming TRUE. It is all thanks to each of you! Thank you for having big artsy caring hearts!!!
Today's stamp set that I'm featuring is called Freedom Isn't Free and is to help aid in rehabilitation of military members who were severly disfigured in the war overseas (think blown off legs, half of a face, and you have the idea.) These men are unable to return to military duty or regular life, and it is like starting their life all over again. My charity that I'm donating to and featuring today is one VERY dear to my heart, I have a full time hubby in the US NAVY for 17 years and out of his 17 years, 14 has been overseas. This is our first year together without him being overseas with the War on Terrorism........


Freedom Isn't Free Stamp set to benefit Fallen Heroes (Great for OWH)

I love this stamp set because it is perfect for sending a card to any military member or war veteran and there is lots of other ways to use it. Check out how Amy used this for a totally different feeling below!

The Fallen Heroes fund was the only charity to receive an A+ by the AIP that supports veterans. The Fallen Heroes gives 90% of every dollar raised directly to the veteran in need. The Center serves military personnel who have been catastrophically disabled in operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, and veterans severely injured in other operations and in the normal performance of their duties. The 60,000 square foot Center provides ample space and facilities for the rehabilitation needs of the patients and their caregivers. It includes modern physical rehabilitation equipment and extensive indoor and outdoor facilities. It also just added a TBI center for those with tramatic brain injury from returning from the war.
It really makes me ashamed when so many people want our country to be safe and free, but they don't care about what happens to the warrior when they come home. Many come home with a life that is ruined, and will never be the same, whether it is physically or mentally devestating. I know that my own husband has a very hard time with emotion and is very guarded due to some of the things he has witnessed overseas.
My Uncle Ray came home from Vietnam a changed man, never ever to return to his self. It was extremely traumatic for my cousins (yes Doris' father--my favorite cousin who went thru so much: domestic violence and dying from breast cancer)



So today my DT, who is an AMAZING group of girls with BIG hearts, has made some adorable projects using their stamp sets. They were each sent a different set so you can see a variety of projects each day from ALL of my four of my first stamp sets...Did you know there are 6 being released? Yes 6 to get started and hopefully provide a variety. TWO are surprise sets! You will be seeing them very soon...

CHARITY COUNTS: Today's Charity I want to introduce you to is the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.
TOTAL TO DATE RAISED for FALLEN HEROES: $26.00. I will be sending them a donation thru the il at the end of this month, and hopefully I will be able to send them more than 26.00, but every bit counts!
Click Here to Visit Them

Now onto our projects MAKE SURE YOU VISIT EACH OF MY DT MEMBERS and ME every day this week, because I have an AWESOME prize package for ONE awesome follower who comments on EVERY post this week on Stampin' Good! Also, most of my DTs have blog candy over there too--so don't forget to click on their post and leave them a comment to be eligible!!


God Bless the USA by Amy Voltz

Supplies: Freedom Isn't Free Stamp set (K Andrew Designs)

Sleeping Peacefully by Amy Voltz
Supplies: Freedom Isn't Free Stamp Set (K Andrew Designs)

Sanwich Your Day with Fun by K Andrew
Supplies: Food for Thought stamp set (K Andrew Designs Art stamps), Simply Charmed cartridge (Provo Craft), Cardstock:  WeRMemoryKeepers, Jo-ann's *courtesy of my friend Cricut Chick* (Thanks girl!),

Loving you is Sweet & Sprinked with Love by Erika Valdez
Supplies: Food for Thought stamp set (K Andrew Designs)

Thanks for Your Support by Kathy Parks
Supplies: Fashionable Friends stamp set (K Andrew Designs)


Attitude is Everything by Rebecca Henry
Supplies: Positive Thoughts stamp set (K Andrew Designs)


Sweet Cheeks by Becka Maddux
Supplies: Food for Thought stamp set (K Andrew Designs)



HAVE a GREAT day today--and don't forget to leave a comment to win the SURPRISE package that I will add to EVERY day! You must comment on EVERY post Day 1-5 to qualify!

Day 1:
Peachy Keen Princess Face Set. How cute would these be stamped on fruits with my Food for Thought set?

Day 2: La La by Loralie Designs: This would be so cute with my Fashionable Friends set! 

See you tomorrow! Don't forget you can subscribe to my blog or follow, and grab my blinkie from my sidebar. I would love it if you did!