Sunday, July 17, 2011

Simply Sunday "Food for Thought"

Happy Sunday to you all,  

Kristal is on a mini vacation, you know it's CHA in Chicago!!! and I was very honored that she asked me to write her blog post today.  This week's challenge is all about "Food for Thought".  Recently Kristal had put a message out on facebook about her son Jonas as he was opening the refrigerator door with a retractable hairbrush, hahahaha, so inventive.  Then there is Jaspar who lectures her about the differences a tile floor makes to a carpeted one, so intuitive.  These boys are so terrific and definitely so loved .  They are clever, inventive and so humorous.  Kristal is always telling us how they make her laugh and sometimes even bring her to tears from laughter.  For those of you that are pretty new to Kristal's blog, her son Jasper demoed the Henry desktop vac about a year ago and I thought I would share that video with you all again.   For those of you who have seen it, it's still a hoot!!!
 
Now remember, our children are not perfect.  I know mine aren't, but we make the best of it that we can.  There are days I want to kiss em, and hug em, and squeeze em.  And then there are days I want to ... well, you know, SCREAM!!!  But no matter what, We Love Them Unconditionally, which brings me to the stamp set.  Take a moment each day to appreciate them for who they are.  Even when they might act like little monsters, remind yourself, that you were a little monster once also.  Give them a special moment for just them.  My youngest son and I used to have a date lunch once a month at his school.  I would bring him a burger and fries or chicken nuggets and we got to eat in a special section of the library.  That was our time to talk about anything that he wanted to.  He said he loved our lunch dates and will miss them, but he might just be missing the junk food once a month.  hahahaha  He will be starting middle this fall, and our lunch dates will be no more, but I will find another way to have that date lunch with him.  I may not be sending his lunch to school with him anymore, but I can still pack a note in his backpack, like "Fry your best!" or "Ketchup with you soon!"  That's what the Food for Thoughts stamp set is all about.  Sending those special little message to them and they will appreciate them even if you get a "roll of the eyes" or a "REALLY, mom???"  Someday they will look back onto those notes and remember how much they really deep inside love them.

I hope I've given you some insight to the reason behind these stamps.  Thanks again to Kristal for having confidence in me to write her post this week and I hope to see you join in for our Simply Sunday challenge.  Hugs to all, Brenda
Perfect little set to tuck in lunchboxes! 4x6 sheet of photopolymer stamps made in the USA. $1 from each set goes to Storefront Shelter for Homeless Children!!!

So now onto our winner of last week's challenge Fashion-ista is.....  KELLY S.  Congrats Kelly S.! Email me for your guest designer blinkie, spot, and prize!!! Look at her adorable card!

BONUS winner was Sandy Bayles who left a comment on all entries! Way to go Sandy!!!
Let's see what our guest designer and the Design Team have in store for us:



Our Special Guest Designer Sarah
with her "Prune me Lord" Sign



This week the Design Team is featuring the 
Food for Thought stamp set which
benefits Storefront Shelter for Homeless Children



Hot Dog!  You are awesome


You are so Berry sweet


Gumball Machine

Sandwich Gift card holder 
See Amy's Blog here




You are sweet Post it note holder
See Rebecca M's Blog here

LOVE this stamp set: Food for Thought?
Want to own it?

Find it here at my online store: www.kandrewdesigns.com


Your stamp purchase will benefit 
              Storefront Shelter for Homeless Children
Okay now we are ready to see YOUR amazing project!!

Challenge Details:
1. Post your Food for Thought project by Saturday July 30th midnight via the inlink tool.

NOTE:
You will need to type your blog post up first and include a link to my blog in your post or photo serving description for inlinkz to recognize it. Lnk to http://www.gettingcricky.com/
*Make sure to copy your exact blog post link
(If you do not link back to me or put in your exact blog post link--you will NOT be able to link up)

2. Pop up my Blinkie on your blog please (this is important for me to identify your entry)
 and I'd love it if you subscribe/follow my blog. I'll admit that seeing my blinkie on your blog is a big deal for me. I figure if you have up a MILLION blinkies on your blog, I'm hoping mine is up there too! lol!

3. Winner receives a 
 Guest Design Spot here at Getting Cricky and surprise CRICUT cart

4. Come back on the 1st of August to see who wins! Don't leave your email in the comments, spammers pick these up and this is NOT a good idea.

5. Have fun and spread the word--you could WIN the......
EXTRA BONUS PRIZE: Suprise STAMP SET!!!

Want to win a surprise stamp set? LEAVE A COMMENT on the other challenge participants noting that you played along at Getting Cricky. My designers will be looking for those at the end of the week who have done this and those girls will be put into the drawing for this stamp set!

NOTE: Please consider turning off WORD verification.
You can still moderate your comments, but leaving on word verification takes alot of extra time for people leaving you comments, and may cause some people to not leave comments. I have mine set to no word verifcation, but moderate.
Thanks SO much for joining us and I can't wait to see your amazing
Food For Thought Project