Sunday, July 24, 2011

Simply Sunday "Freedom isn't Free" Ends 7/30

Good day friends, family and new guests


Wow, did you all attend the blog hop yesterday for Operation Owl?  What an amazing group of ladies...if you missed the hop you still have time and you can start here

Again you've come to the right place if you are looking for our Simply Sunday challenge.  Kristal is on a beach somewhere soaking up the sun with her boys and family.  I wish I were on a beach somewhere also...I was going to gripe about how hot it is... then I realized that at least:

1.) It isn't 119 degrees;
2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 
3.) I'm not dressed in a full uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 
4.) There is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! 
Support our troops and bring them home safe!


(found on facebook and reposted)


Which brings me to our challenge today...I know we all just recently came from the Let's Get Cricky blog hop featuring the "Freedom isn't Free" set,  ($1 from the sale of each "Freedom Isn't Free" stamp set is donated to Intrepid Fallen Heroes -- a non-profiit organization that provides rehabilitative services to US military members who are severely disfigured from combat), but can we ever do enough for our troops?  Look what they sacrifice for us daily.  There is still time to get your cards done for the "Run for the Fallen" in Maine, an organization dedicated to keeping alive the memory of our military heroes that gave their lives to protect our freedom since September 11, 2001. On Sunday August 21, 2011 the 4th run to honor our heroes will be held. This is a 65 kilometer event with each kilometer being dedicated to the memory of one of our heroes that lived in Maine, had family from Maine or had some ties to our home State."


One of our awesome Design Team Members, Rebecca of The Crafting Misfit, will be hand-delivering these cards during this very special event... If you would like to help support this cause, we invite YOU to join us in making a card or two to say "THANKS"... You can find the address to mail your cards by clicking HERE. The organization is also accepting donations for the event. You can find more information about donating by clicking HERE...

I hope you all try to enter for such a great cause.  My family is very military with most of them serving, including me, and it's truly such a great honor to be a part of it.  

You know what it's like to get that "special" something in the mail you weren't expecting.  Now imagine you are 5,000 plus miles away from home and one day you get a card addressed to only "soldier".  When you open it up you realize a complete stranger has sent you a card from the States.  They may have written a long letter or just a simple "Thank you", but they thought of you that day. 

I know for myself when I am creating a card or anything for someone; I am thinking of that person and putting my heart and sole into it.  In every project I make, there is a little bit of me that gets put into it and it reflects in that project.  When that "soldier" opens your card, he or she will feel that part of you in the making of it.  So go ahead and create a card and pour your love into it...they will appreciate your time and your thoughtfulness.

So now onto our winner of last week's challenge Food for Thought is...Karen at Crafted with Love.  Congrats Karen! Email me for your guest designer blinkie, spot, and prize!!! Look at her adorable card!

BONUS winner was Shen at My Curious Crafts who left a comment on all entries! Way to go !!!


Let's see what our guest designer and the Design Team have in store for us:


Our Special Guest Designer Kelly S
with her "America" card

This week the Design Team is featuring the 
Freedom isn't Free stamp set 
which benefits the Intrepid Fallen Heroes -- 
a non-profit organization that provides rehabilitative 
services to US military members who are severely disfigured from combat


Paratrooper


Honor


Military Girl


USA card
LOVE this stamp set: "Freedom isn't Free"?
Want to own it?
Find it here at my online store: http://www.kandrewdesigns.com/
Your stamp purchase will benefit 
              Intrepid Fallen Heroes -- a non-profiit organization 
that provides rehabilitative services to US military members 
who are severely disfigured from combat
Okay now we are ready to see YOUR amazing project!!

Challenge Details:
1. Post your Freedom isn't Free project by Saturday July 30th midnight via the inlink tool.

NOTE:
You will need to type your blog post up first and include a link to my blog in your post or photo serving description for inlinkz to recognize it. Lnk to http://www.gettingcricky.com/
*Make sure to copy your exact blog post link
(If you do not link back to me or put in your exact blog post link--you will NOT be able to link up)

2. Pop up my Blinkie on your blog please (this is important for me to identify your entry)
 and I'd love it if you subscribe/follow my blog. I'll admit that seeing my blinkie on your blog is a big deal for me. I figure if you have up a MILLION blinkies on your blog, I'm hoping mine is up there too! lol!

3. Winner receives a 
 Guest Design Spot here at Getting Cricky and surprise stamp set

4. Come back on the31'st of July to see who wins! Don't leave your email in the comments, spammers pick these up and this is NOT a good idea.

5. Have fun and spread the word--you could WIN the......
EXTRA BONUS PRIZE: Suprise STAMP SET!!!

Want to win a surprise stamp set? LEAVE A COMMENT on the other challenge participants noting that you played along at Getting Cricky. My designers will be looking for those at the end of the week who have done this and those girls will be put into the drawing for this stamp set!

NOTE: Please consider turning off WORD verification.
You can still moderate your comments, but leaving on word verification takes alot of extra time for people leaving you comments, and may cause some people to not leave comments. I have mine set to no word verifcation, but moderate.
Thanks SO much for joining us and I can't wait to see your amazing
Freedom isn't Free Project