Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Confessions on a Wednesday.....the Language of Letting Go (personal rambling)

"You can’t make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved, the rest is up to the person to realize your worth."


I love to blog....but I realized...many of us we blog......our kids...our crafts...our projects...but we rarely blog our real stories. I know it's taking a risk....but isn't that what life is about? Taking risks, opening up our wings as we fall....climbing out on the branch.....taking a chance...in the hopes we might strike a chord...on someone's heart.....give someone hope...touch someone...
 
Well many of you might know...I've went thru alot of changes this past year....but really I've been battling a sickness I couldn't cure for almost 8 years....no matter how much praying...loving...searching..trying...I loved someone who couldn't love me back.
 
I thought I had enough love....I was a good person...I tried so hard; prayed....and prayed some more. It was like giving up a fight that I could never win. I couldn't make him love me no matter how I tried. Sometimes no matter how much love you have for someone, how much you pray, how much kindness you show...no matter how wonderful of a person you are....if someone doesn't love you--or have the capability to--it is like trying to climb an insurmountable mountain. My friends...it simply can't be...it's something you can't conquer...because the fight is not inside of you...the choice isn't yours...
 
Sometimes...it doesn't matter about your determination...your heart...your spirit...it's out of your hands...completely. You can't make someone love you....all you can do...is give them the chance. If they don't want that chance to love you....then you must walk away.....
 
You must pick your heart up off the floor...you must turn around and walk away...you must leave everything you've known for the last nine years...you must pick up yourself and walk away from the Love you've never had. You can't lose someone that you never had.
 
I closed my eyes...so I wouldn't see...the love that he didn't feel for me...I loved someone who couldn't love me back...
 
I have given up the fight....I have walked away....I have released my heart....
 
My heart is healing...my mind is repairing...my spirit is being mended....I am learning there is a good in good-bye...the language of letting go...of something I never had.
 
I wish you each much love today in your life...true love...the kind you deserve...I hope that if you are loving someone who can't love you back...that you can learn to let go...and allow yourself to be loved...by the most important person in this world...yourself. Its the best gift you can give yourself....the truth.
 
Then open your heart...to the one who has always loved you...who is not of this world...who can heal your heart...who can repair your mind...and who can mend your spirit...the one who breathed life into you...the one who formed you in the womb...the one who spoke you into being...the only person who can ever truly love you...as you deserve to be loved.
 
Have a wonderful Wednesday...and remember...the language of letting go...is sometimes just as simple and hard as realizing..... you can't lose something you never had....but you can find the good in good-bye...it's just not an easy thing to find...it's hard...it's sad...it's hurtful...but it's necessary.....
 
Here's to finding the good in goodbye...and allowing our hearts to be open to a person who is worthy of love..but allowing our hearts to realize it's out of our hands....
 
 
Love,
Kristal