Thursday, October 6, 2011

Featured Blogger Thursday :-)

Hello My Getting cricky Friends, Today i have a surprise for you!! A super Talented Ladie that has Made US the Sweetest most FABULOUS project for us today! So lets check it out!! :-)


I'm just thrilled to be a featured blogger for Getting Cricky with K. Andrews! Thank you Kristal for asking!
One of my previous projects, The Cutest Little Jack-O-Lantern received a lot of feedback so I decided to design another pumpkin project creating "My Own Pumpkin Family" using Kristal's Fall-O-Oween stamps. My own pumpkin family includes a Daddy, Mommy, Brother, Sister and a fat daschund, Sammy.
I took a shoe box lid and covered it with grass and fencing, cut from the Paper Doll cartridge. The pumpkin's are cut from 12- scallops circles, folded and glued together. My "not-so-scary" Scarecrow is from Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons and I decorated him with raffia, buttons and scraps, I used the 50 States Cartridge to cut the black birds and choose the sentiment " Harvest Blessings" from Kristal's Fall-O-Oween large stamp set.

The pumpkins are cut at 3 inches, 2 1/2 inches and 1 inch.

The most important tip on making these folded pumpkins is to make sure your scallop cut is symmetrical. Otherwise, you'll find yourself going crazy trying to get the sides to line up correctly! I used the scallop cut from Alphalicious for mine. I inked the edges, hand folded each circle then added a stem, leaves and some curled vine to individualize each one. Here's a before picture example.
These are my "Harvest Blessings". Daddy with little hair (hee hee), Mommy with bling, Big Bro with blonde spikes, Lil' Sis with a button bow and of course our fat little dog, Sammy, has the crow on her back.

Since I'm a newbie to this blogging world, I wanted to say thanks for all the great feedback I've received and crafting inspiration. I'd like to offer up some Halloween
~~BLOG CANDY ~~
from Studio G to a lucky person. Yeah! It's just so fun to receive crafting stuff in the mail so I picked out few coordinating brads, ribbons, chipboard and glitter to send to a winner.

Just become a follower on Holly's Blog by visiting HERE , leave me a comment telling me what's your favorite Halloween candy and an e-mail address so I can get a hold of you and I'll pick a winner by Oct 10th . Yeah!

Thanks for looking and thanks so much to K. Andrews for this opportunity!

OH my Goodness wasn't that just FABULOUS!!??? Thank-you HOLLY for sharing your very creative talent with us today! Amazing my friend! I'm so happy to have you as a featured blogger this week. Remember Friends I'm always looking for Talented Bloggers to Feature That are using our Stamps so if your interested shoot me an email @ ustoleit@comcast.net :-) Have a FABULOUS Cricky DAY!!

~ Scrappingmamma /  D.Foti ~

Come peek into scrappingmamma's BLOG  and link up your Halloween/Fall projects to win the "Winter Wishes" Stamp set from K.Andrews  :-)