Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Getting Cricky Tuesday Tutorial -- Wiggle It, Just a Little Bit...

Faith here...taking over Kristal's blog again to bring you the Tuesday Tutorial.  We couldn't let our Junior DT continue having all the fun now could we???  This week our DT Veteran the fabulous and amazing Amy from Love to Crop has taken over Getting Cricky to show us how she adds some wiggle to her magnificent creations.  If you haven't seen her blog...man are you missing out.  Be sure to head over to Love to Crop and leave her some bloggie love!!!!

And now...without further delay...here she is


Hey there, friends and followers!!  I hope this Tuesday finds you enjoying the promise of today!!  It's Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com today here to share a tutorial with you -- Here in Western Pennsylvania we are enjoying some CRAZY January weather!!  Blue skies and warm weather are in the forecast, so I am taking advantage of absorbing those good-feeling-sunshine rays!!  Wherever you are, I hope there's some sunshine in your life too!!  :)

I have a super FUN and EASY tutorial for you today (and a giveaway announcement too!) -- A few weeks ago, I posted a groovy giraffe-on-roller-skates card with one of my homemade Wiggle Wires...  I got sooooo many requests for details on how to make them, that I just couldn't resist sharing!!  As a young crafter, I remember receiving a birthday card from one of my mom's friends that had a dancing bear on it (I was about 10)...  My curious mind (and crafty soul) couldn't wait to pull that card apart and figure out how it worked!!  The result was a stack of Thank You, Birthday, and Christmas cards that all wiggled that year...  as well as my dad left scratching his head as to why none of his "clicker" pens would ever work!!  I had discovered that the springs from those pens made perfect "Wiggle Wires" for all of my cards!!  LOL...  Once my dad discovered my stash of "borrowed" pen springs, I had to find another way to create these fun little buggers!!  It wasn't long until I discovered the wonder of floral wire -- green, silver, thick, thin -- I definitely have an addiction to the stuff!!  So, if you're ready to learn a new way to add a little whimsy to your cards, let's get started...

















I added my Wiggle Wire to this adorable Mermaid cut from the Creative Memories This and That Cricut Cartridge...  She features the Cuttlebug "Tiny Bubbles" embossing folder, some iridescent Stickles, caramel and pink ink for distressing, and a Peachy Keen stamped face.  Since I wanted her "wiggle" to be enjoyed while on display, I placed the mermaid on an easel card and added the sentiment "you are Fintastic" from the Splashtastic Summer Stamp Set...





K Andrew Designs


Are you ready to try making some Wiggle Wires of your own???  Be sure to add them to a card, layout, or other project for this week's Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge -- The theme is "Fantasy Land" so we'd love to see what your imagination has in store for us!!  Be sure to pop on over to my blog where you'll find a challenge to use a Wiggle Wire too  -- You could even WIN a K Andrew Designs Stamp Set and some other goodies too!!

Now, be sure to leave a comment on this post and then pop over and leave a comment at www.lovetocrop.com too for your chance to WIN a fun little goodie from Amy!!

Until next time,