Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial - From The Heart

SR DT member Faith here...you ever have one of those days where nothing goes as planned?  Where you lose your own head even though it's attached?  Me too...today was such a day.  Sincerest apologies for posting this tutorial so late, but when you see our JR DT member Jessie's project, I'm sure you'll find it was worth waiting for.  Be sure to visit her blog Sugarlips Sassy Surprises to see more of her crafty goodness.  Jessie, thank you for coming to our rescue with this last minute tutorial...I appreciate you.

Now, without further adieu...Jessie's tutorial;

Hi Everyone!  This is Jessie and I have an easy project for you today and I hope you like it.  There are a lot of pictures but it should help you get the project done.  


 First (picture `) you are going to cut 1 piece of paper at 9x6 


You are going to score it on the long side at 3/8, 1 1/2 and 4 3/4. (picture 3) Flip the paper so the short side is at the top and score at 2 1/8, 4 1/4, 6 and 3/8 and 8 1/2.    



You will turn it so the 3/8 score line is at the top. In the bottom right you will cut the little flap off and then cut the remaining flaps up to the score line.


At the top in the 2 inner rectangles mark the center and score to the corners of the rectangles. This will create the fold lines of the carton. 


Are you still with me? 

 Next cut another sheet of paper at 9 1/4 x3, then you are going to emboss this paper.  Attach the embossed paper and refold on the score lines.




Line up the sides of the box and put together. I used ATG because it was all I had but I have heard sticky strip is best for boxes. 


Fold in all the bottom flaps and tape it closed.




I dug in my ribbon stash and tied pink ribbon around the box.  I cut the ends of the ribbon at an angle and heat sealed it with a lighter. If you have never done that before you hold the edge of the ribbon close the the side of the flame. It is important that you do not get too close the edge of the flame or to the top. It will set your ribbon on fire. This technique melts the edge of the ribbon so it doesn't fray.   



I didn't take pictures of this part because it is really hard to take pictures of yourself doing this stuff. :)  I used the Crafty Friends set to stamp from the heart in purple ink. I used a heart punch to punch it out. I used sparkly pink cardstock and punched a scalloped circle. I adhered the heart to the scalloped circle. I had to add a little bit of bling and I used my new toy liquid pearls around the edge of the circle.

 I think it was such a cute touch. I used a glue dot to attach it the the carton. I found this mini clothes pin and used some glue to attach the paper. I used Winged Things to stamp Love on the clothes pin. That was easy.

Here's the finished product:


Super easy and an adorable project. I hope you enjoyed the project and have a great day.

Jessie your project is adorable and in Kristal's favorite colors too!!!  How fun!  Thank you for sharing your talent with us and you did a great job photographing things one-handed.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Don't forget to visit Jessie's Blog and leave her some love!!!  Until next time!