Friday, April 27, 2012

Guest Designer: Melissa of Needful Things...WOW!

HOWDY!!! Everyone...I'm so excited to bring you another fabulous Guest Designer...she has the CUTEST project for you, and I am so tickled to have her sharing her talent with us. Welcome Melissa, and make sure to leave her a comment----I know she would love to hear a warm word today.
If you are interested in guest designing...make sure to drop me a line.
PS dont' forget to enter my Big 500 Wobbles Giveaway here
It's going to be a FABULOUS Friday. I wish each of you a beautiful warm day full of simple surprises.
What are you doing this weekend? I plan on spending tomorrow early am picking out more plants for my home at the nursery...then it's off to the beach for a simple day near the water for my two dear boys...then it's gardening day on Sunday--just a beautiful time for spending time with the ones I love.

Love, K

Hi everyone!  I'm Melissa and I'm super excited to be a guest designer for K Andrew Designs.  I just love Kristal's stamps, I'm sure you do to.  They are always just the perfect size and very easy to use, but you know that too - right!

I wanted to create a variety of cards featuring Kristal's stamps and with that said I'll start with my "kid" card.  The pony was cut from my Cricut Expressions and the image is a digital stamp I printed, colored, and cut out.  The sentiment is stamped directly on a cloud die cut and since I am in the process of sending a box of cards to the Ronald McDonald house I'll be donating this one too.  I'm sure it will bring a smile to some little girl.  The stamp is from the set Of Mice & Lil Men.



Next is my "coffee break" card.  Again, my Cricut Expressions was used for creating the coffee pot and cup. I coated the coffee pot using Mod Podge to give it a glass like shine, but it's not easy to see in the picture. One of my own saying is, "hey, let's grab a cuppa Joe" so naturally I had to use that as my sentiment.  The stamp is from the set Coffee & Tea for You & Me.  This card will actually fold flat, but I will have to create an envelope to fit it because the handle makes it an odd size.



Next I have a keep it simple card, no fuss, nothing dimensional, it's all flat.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background and the stamp is a digital image I printed, colored, and cut.  This will also be going in my box for the Ronald McDonald house.  The stamp is from the stamp set Amazing You.




The typewriter card I made to send to a friend of mine.  The typewriter is a sticker that I just loved and was keeping to use for something special.  The stamp is from the set Of Mice & Lil Men.  I do want to say that even though this set is perfect for all your favorite Disney characters that isn't why I bought it, actually I don't have any Disney stamps or cartridges.  I got it because the sentiments can be used for so much more.


Thanks for checking out my projects and I hope you will drop by my blog Needful Things and visit.  A want to give a big THANK YOU to Kristal for the opportunity to show off her stamps as a guest designer.

Now to shop all her stamp sets click HERE.  To join in the Simply Sunday Challenge click HERE.

Happy Crafting