Monday, April 30, 2012

Tutorial: Make your Own Buttons with Christi Hicks

I hope each of you are having a MARVELOUS MONDAY! Life is great--even when we have bumps in the road, we can choose to keep going! I love thinking about the childhood story..The Little Engine that Could...reminds me that no matter what, we can choose to keep going and doing our best!
I want to introduce you to one of my favorite people: Christi Hicks--she is a very long time friend of mine, and was the first person on my team when I made digital stamps so many years ago! Make sure to love on her and leave her a comment at her blog! She is fabulous!

Hi everyone! This is Christi Hicks.  I am so very pleased to be asked to be a guest designer for Kristal. She is after all the person who got me to make my first card and to start my blog. She literally walked me through it step by step.
 I love her stamps and the one I am featuring is her Fall-O-Ween stamp set. I know I know you say well its spring, I dont need fall or Halloween stamps, but thats what I love about her stamps, they are so versatile. I used the Blessings stamp on a baby card, I have used the wings in a mini book for my mom. Today I am making a friendship card, and I am going to give you a short tutorial on how to make the buttons.
First I stamped Sweet, Fun, Friend onto watercolor paper, its thicker and sturdier, but I have used regular cardstock for this also. I  cut a bunch of blanks and the stamped words with my 1 in circle punch.

I used tea dye distress ink around the edges, also of the blanks so color would carry through.

I added tombow aqua glue, any fast drying glue would work, and stacked them, three blanks then a word circle. 

You can see the thickness here

I used my craft pick to poke four holes.

I used coordinating twines to put thread in the holes. I then added glossy accents. You can do this before you put in the thread but then you gotta be careful not to get it into the holes. 

This is my card. Check my blog and you can see more things I made this way, except instead of buttons I made them into charms. 
Thank you so much Kristal for letting me do this, it was so much fun. 

Don't forget to leave Christi a comment--she has lots of great projects on her blog to spark your imagination!
Don't forget about our Simply Sunday Challenge and my BIG 500 Wobble Giveaway!