Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stamp Promo Week Day 7 - Amy & Lisa!!

Hello all my dear bloggie friends! It's the last day of Stamp Promo Week!! Tomorrow we will have our monthly blog hop and you will see even more amazing designs by my fabulous DT!! I'm in the midst of designing new stamps, and therefore will be limiting inventory on all my existing stamps...to give ALL of you an opportunity to grab them at a great price! My stamps all benefit charity and are not made on the standard thickness...instead they are made on the thickest polymer available. Yeeee-haw!! Grab your hat and get ready for a ONCE in a year sale that will help everyone to grab a set of my stamps and play along with us in our challenges and Guest Design spots!

Remember...if you want to be on a design team..why not join ours? I will be choosing new girls who participate in our challenges, guest design, and love my stamps to add to my DT all thru out the year, and another new call in June! So what are you waiting for...get those fingers inky!

So........All week, my girls have selected one of my stamp sets to feature, and after you see their awesome projects, you can head to my store for a special discount on the stamps!!


Today we will be introducing you to the last two remaining and returning Design Team members, Amy and Lisa!!

Amy
Featured Stamp Set: Freedom Isn't Free
Visit Amy's Blog: Love to Crop!

Gooooooooooooooooood morning, Getting Cricky Friends!! Okay, okay... I may have "borrowed" that entrance from Robin Williams (as DJ Adrian Cronauer), but I do have a bit of military on the mind this morning!! :) One of my favorite stamp sets from Kristal is the "Freedom Isn't Free" Stamp Art Set... This was the very first stamp set I received as a Design Team member, and it is probably one of my most loved (and used) sets!! For those who have followed my blog for a while, you already know that I have an enormous amount of respect for those who serve our country... Several members of my family have served in different branches -- Navy, Coast Guard, Army, Air Force... Several of The-Boy-Child's friends have also enlisted in the last few years -- Marines, National Guard, Army... It gives me great joy to create cards to say "Thank You" to our Armed Forces, and I love that Kristal put such care into this fabulous stamp set!! So, I've gathered up a few of my favorite projects that I've made with this set to share with you today!! If you'd like more details on any of the projects, please click on the link below the photo... First up is one of my most favorite layouts... I made this just for me :) so that I could feature the DOZENS of fireworks photos that I love to take!! I used the "God bless the USA" sentiment for this layout...



Next is one of my favorite cards using one of my favorite techniques -- The ruffle technique is a quick and easy way to make a dramatic and beautiful card sure to be appreciated. I used the "Serving one's country.... is the ultimate expression of love" sentiment stamp for my card... I'd like to add that this is a card that I have sent to military spouses as well -- I am always amazed at the courage it requires for the spouses to keep keeping on while their loved ones are deployed... It's not a weekend trip away or a business trip to the next town, but a sacrifice of time away from family and friends for our country's benefit... For that, I am most grateful...



This is a card that I think says it all... I used the "Sleeping peacefully tonight because of you" sentiment stamp (the dog and the moon were cut using the Paper Pups Cricut Cartridge). I will be forever thankful for those men and women who have served (and serve now) so that I was able to tuck my kiddos in each night and go to sleep knowing I could sleep peacefully...



I love, love, LOVE this soldier card -- It's such a HAPPY paper doll... I used the "I know Freedom isn't "Free" Thank you for your service" sentiment for this card -- I especially love that this card expresses something so important to remember...



And finally, I have a Journal of Days to share with you -- This journal is designed to write reminders of what I have to be thankful for... On the days that it might not seem that there is much, I can glance through this album and remember ALL the many, many, many things I have to be grateful for!!



I hope you've enjoyed the projects I've shown you today... If you are ready to make this set yours, please be sure to use the code "letshavefun" at checkout HERE for 20% OFF your purchase!! Woot-woot!! That's like buying four sets and getting one FREE!! I know you'll want to stock up NOW (especially with all the fabulous sets Kristal has designed!!)...


Lisa
Featured Stamp Set: Positive Thoughts
Visit Lisa's Blog: A Mermaid's Crafts

Happy Thursday, everyone and welcome to Day 7, the final day of Getting Cricky Stamp Promo Week, leading up to our monthly Blog Hop tomorrow night!! All week, we have introduced you to our amazing new Design Team!! If you haven't had a chance to see their incredible projects, head on over to Getting Cricky and check them out!! This team is loaded with talent :)

Today my dear friend Amy and I will be sharing some projects with you!! I absolutely love all of Kristal's stamps, but I will be showcasing my all-time favorite set: Positive Thoughts!!


For my card, I used paper from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Madison Avenue stack. I distressed the edges and inked them with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.


The black frame is a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis die. I used a Floral Oval frame with a Classic Ovals on top.


The ribbon I picked up at Goodwill for $.59 (I just love bargains!!) The gems are from Recollections.


For the sentiment, I used Fancy Tags, Lacy Doily Accents, Parisian Accents and Standard Circles Small. I inked the circle with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. Each layer is separated with foam tape for dimension. And the sentiment is of course from Positive Thoughts!!

Some of my other cards using Positive Thoughts:


Kristal is having a 20% discount at her store site wide!! What a perfect time to pick up your favorite K Andrew Designs stamps!! Just use the code "letshavefun" to take advantage of 20% off!! Isn't that awesome??!!


If you like the set I featured today, Positive Thoughts, click HERE to purchase your own set and don't forget to enter "letshavefun"!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

Didn't Amy and Lisa do a fabulous job??!! I am absolutely THRILLED with my new Design Team!! If you like the projects you've seen and want to purchase more than just one set of these stamps for yourself, head on over to my store right now to take advantage of a special 20% off offer off your entire order!! Enter the code "letshavefun" to take advantage of this special savings!! Stock up on my stamps now before the sale ends!!

Stop back tomorrow for our Getting Cricky Blog Hop to see even more amazing projects from my fabulous design team featuring my stamps!! The fun begins tomorrow night at 9:00 pm EST!!

PS don't forget...I'd love for you to follow my blog-and I'd love to follow yours too!