Monday, April 23, 2012

Wishing you Aloha from Lisa

Hi, everyone and happy Monday!! It's Lisa here, from A Mermaid's Crafts (http://indymermaid.blogspot.com)!! Today we are introducing a brand new feature at Getting Cricky. Each Design Team member will take turns posting projects, so you will get the chance to know each of us better, learn our styles, and hopefully pick up some inspiration along the way!!


I am kicking things off with a beachy card (perfect for a Mermaid, no??!!) I created this for my dear friend Sheila, who is originally from Hawaii. As you can probably tell, I love dimension on cards, and I am definitely not a CAS crafter!! It does make it difficult to mail, but what's a little extra postage among friends??!! ;)


The beautiful papers are from Kaisercraft Seaside Collection. The base is a Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Square, with a Grand Square stitched to it. The red hibiscus background paper has a really cool embossed, velvety texture. I used a Spellbinders Circle Small for the sun. The trees are from Life's a Beach, and embossed with the Distressed Lines embossing folder. The surfboards are from Spellbinders Surf's Up. I used Rusty Hinge Distress ink for the one on the left, and for the edges. The gems are from Recollections, the ribbon, button and natural fiber from my stash. The blue border along the bottom was a punch-out from the paper stack and I flipped it to make it look like waves.


The banner is a Spellbinders Ribbon banner, attached with brads. "Wishing you aloha" is from Splashtastic Summer:


Click HERE to purchase this awesome set!!


For the inside, I used a Grand Square, Scalloped Rectangle Small and the awesome flip-flops from Surf's Up, inked with Rusty Hinge.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and looking at my project!! Head on over to my blog, A Mermaid's Crafts, and leave a message on my teaser post for a chance to win a Positive Thoughts stamp set!!

Have a great day :)