Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nuts About YOU by Amy :)

Hey, there!!  Hi, there!!  How ya doin' today???  It's Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com here to share another project with you today!!  I'm so excited to be able to see all the FUN ways my Getting Cricky Design Team Sisters have been showcasing all of Kristal's stamp sets...  Aren't you just LOVING all the goodies they've been creating??? Today, I'd like to share a special little project that I made for a very special someone who love Twizzlers as much as I do!!  ;) AND, I'm kinda NUTS about this very special dad too!!  :)
Anyone who knows me knows that I love, love, LOVE to reuse my cans and glass bottles...  I think it's an inexpensive way to create special gifts for loved ones, teachers, friends, and more!!  This gift idea was created entirely from paper scraps, a few feet of ribbon, and a length of floral wire -- The only "investment" I made was for the Twizzlers (which, of course, I had on hand...  Even though I might have to buy some more before the can reaches its destination!!).  Despite the actual "cost" of this item, handmade gifts are always appreciated in our family (because a handmade gift always includes the priceless addition of LOVE!!)...
To create my can, I started by sponge painting some metallic silver paint on the outside and upper inside of the can.  I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole on either side of the can and would some floral wire that I had twisted into a spiral to be used as a handle.  A 2.75" strip of black cardstock (trimmed to the fit around the can), and a 1.75" strip of red cardstock (inked on the edges with black and faux-stitched with my white Signo pen) created the base for my nuts and bolts!!
To create the 3D nuts, I could have used my Cricut (with the help of my Gypsy), but I was working on the fly, so I punched the circles first, then used a hexagon punch to punch around the circles (these were punched from metallic silver cardstock).  I used an embossing tool on a foam mat to add score lines for texture, then mounted each nut using foam tape so I could gently press the edges around the tape (giving it dimension similar to real nuts!!)...  I used the punched circles to create a few bolt "tops" -- I again used my embossing tool to give it a little dimension and add the "X" to the bolt tops...
I used one of my NEW favorite Stamp Art Sets for this project... "All About Animals"!!  Isn't the font on that sentiment just darling???  I just love how clearly Kristal's images stamp -- They are great not only for regular stamping, but also heat embossing!!  I'm just NUTS about these stamps!!  :)  If you'd like to make this set YOURS today, simply click on the stamp preview below...

K Andrew Designs
Be sure to leave a comment on my post right here at Getting Cricky as well as on my blog (Love To Crop!) to be entered in my GIVEAWAY for some of Kristal's BRAND NEW twine (and maybe a few other little goodies thrown in too!!)
WINNER will receive a sample of several colors of twine  -- be sure to click on the picture to see ALL the new colors available!!  :)
Thanks so much for stopping by to share in the FUN today!!  I can't wait to see what YOU create with Kristal's stamp sets!!  :) Until next time...