Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reach for the Stars by Lisa

Hi, everyone!! Lisa from A Mermaid's Crafts here to share a project with you today. I am featuring the fun and fabulous K Andrew Designs stamp set, Of Mice & Lil' Men :)


For my card, I used paper from We R Memory Keepers MVP stack. The base is a Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Square die, and I used different sizes of Grand Square dies on top. I have no idea who makes the sheet of vellum with the silver stars on it...it's been in my stash a while.


As soon as I saw the Spellbinders Mix'd Media Playtime set, I had to have it :) I used black cardstock from my stash for the girl and inked the designs on her dress with Broken China Distress Ink. I used a star punch that was about the same size as some of the bigger stars on the vellum and punched them out for her to hold.


The swirly crystal designs are from Recollections and the individual gems are from The Paper Studio. The ribbon is from May Arts and you can't really tell in the picture, but I used a larger crystal for the center of the bow.


The tag is a Spellbinders Parisian Accents die, adorned with crystals (although they look silver in the pic). I cut a piece of the vellum with a Spellbinders Beaded Circle die, and used Versafine ink in Onyx Black to stamp "Reach for the Stars" from Kristal's Of Mice & Lil' Men stamp set:


Aren't these sentiments awesome?? Want your own set?? Click on the pic below to go directly to Kristal's online store!! And remember, she donates a portion of the proceeds from every stamp set to charity, so you can feel good purchasing them!! Great stamps - great cause :) Plus, she has two new awesome sets available for pre-order:


Guy Talk, and...


Southern Sayings!! Click here to order your sets today :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today!! Don't forget to stop by Getting Cricky every day to see awesome and inspiring projects from my Design Team sisters :)