Friday, July 27, 2012

Guest Designer - Arin Flynn

Welcome to Getting Cricky with
Guest Designer
Arin Flynn - A Piece of Life's Pie
Today I am thrilled to announce that I have been invited to have the honors to be a guest designer showcasing a couple of projects I made with the lovely K. Andrew Design Art Stamps, Fashionable Friends and Coffee & Tea for You and Me!



I have been on a "note card" kick lately and wanted to make a couple different sets that are left blank on the back for leaving a quick sweet note and then  can easily be slipped into an A2 sized envelope.

Red Hatter Note Card Gift Pack

The first project I made was for a gift for my mother-in-law who is a member of the Red Hats.  She once mentioned to me that the ladies like to exchange little cards or gifts to each other during the year.  I decided to make her a large set of note cards using the Fashionable Friends stamp set.  In this project I was able to use four different stamps that translated very well to the Red Hat theme. 
This stamp set pairs amazingly well with the Cricut Cartridge Forever Young... in the same way vanilla ice cream pairs with warm apple pie!
Click here for note card recipe.

A Latte Note Cards:

The second project I made I broke out Coffee and Tea for You and Me stamp set.  I have to say this is one of my favorite stamps sets in my collection because it pairs so well with one of my favorite gift giving idea Cricut Cartridges, Love You a Latte. 
I really wanted a classical elegant feel to this project and with the font style of this stamp set, it really delivered my expectations in the execution!
Click here for note card recipe.

I hope you enjoyed these projects as much as I did in creating them.  I thank K. Andrew Designs for her sweet and encouraging invitation to be today's guest designer and I had a blast doing it.
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for sharing a piece of "Getting Cricky" pie with me!
-Arin