Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

I'm very excited for my first design team post...ever! I love Kristal's stamps, and I believe it's a great thing that at least $1 of each set sold goes to a well chosen charity.  Just so you know what to expect from me, my projects are usually fairly simple and quick. You can see more details from this project on my blog My Cards N Stuff.

I decided to make a treat box for one of my fellow teachers. I used the Sweet Tooth Boxes Cricut cartridge and cut the box and lid at 7". The finished box is about 4" square which is large enough for quite a few Halloween goodies.

The top was cut from plain black cardstock and decorated with a circle of spider webs stamped from the K Andrew Designs Fall-O-Ween stamp set. (I'll post a picture below so you can see all of the wonderful things on the set.)  The sentiment is from the same set. It's really versatile because the stamps are mix and match, which allows you to create many sentiments from the same set.

The bottom was cut from cute purple paper with silver spiders on it from DCWV. I chose grey paper for the top to coordinate with those spiders. The black and white twine is also from K Andrew Designs and you can find it here


The spiders were cut from the Cricut October 31st Cartridge. The bats (same set) were stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. The ghost was made from a gauze pad.