Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spider Webs and Wiggle Wires, Hairy Legs and Googly Eyes!! :)

Hey everyone!!  This is Amy from Love To Crop!  I'm so excited to be a part of Kristal's Design Team again -- I've been fortunate enough to be on her team since before she created all of her fabulous Stamp Art Sets!!  Of course, along the way, I've had my very-most-favorite sets and then my most-favorite sets and my favorite sets...  Yeah, um...  All of the stamp sets fit in one of those categories!!  :)

Over the last year and a half, I've created hundreds of cards, layouts, and projects using Kristal's stamps...  I love the versatility and how easy it is to find just the sentiment you need.  Last Halloween I made THIS card:
It ended up being one of my favorite cards EVER, so I decided to use it as inspiration for this year's Halloween card (I've made it in BULK -- 45 cards going all over the country!!)...  And here's the "new and improved" version:
I used the Sizzix Spiderweb embossing folder on white cardstock and then distressed it with black ink (in the first card I had used the color core paper and sanded it up!)...
My spider was cut at 2.5" (I cut TWO and adhered them together to give him extra stability since I wanted to put him on one of my homemade Wiggle Wires)...  This is the spider from the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut Cartridge -- Isn't he so cute???  I used a Gelly Roll White Glaze pen for his mouth, a tiny circle punch for his purple nose, and glow-in-the-dark googly eyes...
My sentiment is stamped on a little hand-cut tag and can be found on the Fall-O-Ween Stamp Art Set (CLICK HERE to get yours for 60% OFF!!)...
I realize that it's hard to tell in the picture, but this little guy is actually attached to a Wiggle Wire so that he can dance and jiggle and cause a giggle!!
Yes, that really is a HAND holding up my card...  You can see more of that hand and the party decor that matches that big creepy eye by visiting my blog over the next week -- I hope you'll stop on by and let me know what you think of my re-designed card and check out some of my other favorite projects featuring Kristal's Stamp Sets!!  :)

Now, before I rush off, I have a WINNER to announce from the last blog hop!!  I do apologize that it took much longer for me to announce this -- Some of you already know that my dad had open heart surgery last month and things got a little crazy during that time...  My dad is doing exceptionally well, and I thank those of you who sent me kind notes of encouragement and prayer before, during, and after his surgery.  I really appreciate all of your support!!  Now...  Let's announce that WINNER!!  The "extra" challenge was to match the designer with each of the projects and to email me the results...  My inbox was FULL and EVERYONE matched them up PERFECTLY (go YOU!!)...  I numbered the emails based on the order they were received (and even remembered to check my spam folder!!) so that I could use Random.org to pick the winner... So, without further ado, the WINNER of the "Match the Designer" challenge is.........
Congrats, Tara!!  Please email me at scrapbookingwithamy@gmail.com with your mailing address so that I can get your stamp set sent out to you!!  Thanks so much to everyone who participated!!

Be sure to stop back tomorrow for a fabulous project from Lisa (everyone's favorite mermaid crafter)...  :)  I know she's got something SPECTACULAR to share with ya!!

Until next time,