Saturday, October 6, 2012

TAKE OVER - shhh... don't tell ;)

Hey all! It is Heather here from Heather's Crafty Blog Space! Hope you all are enjoying the start to your Saturday! It is a chilly fall morning here in Wisconsin so I am looking forward to some crafty fun to start the day! As you may have heard from the previous announcement the new Getting Cricky Design Team has been announced for fall! I am so thankful I was able to stay on the team and I welcome the new girls and look forward to working with them as well as those I have been working with. We have a great group and I am excited to share new projects with you! Starting Monday each of us DT members has a day to share our creations with K. Andrew Stamps so be on the look out and be sure to check back daily!!!

But since no one was on the blog today I am doing a take over ;) I wanted to share a little something that I made with my K. Andrew stamps!  So my son just celebrated his 6th birthday on Thursday! I am not sure where the time went... seems like just yesterday! For his birthday he wanted a Lego party. So me being me I have spent HOURS on Pinterest (my hubby rolls his eyes whenever I start a sentence with "so I found this really cool idea on Pinterest today" good thing he loves me lots ;)) Anywho! I found this adorable invitation that looks like legos! SO I tweaked it a bit and using my Fall-o-ween and my Guy Talk K. Andrew Stamps I made this......


Fun right??? So it looks like two legos put together.... here is a closer look...

I used the saying "Fun" from Fall-o-ween because every birthday party should be fun and I love the way this fun is printed! Then I used "You got Skills" from Guy Talk because you need skills to be a lego builder right? 

I tied the "You got Skills" in with the invite which once you pull the blocks apart you see the invite on the inside,  like this....



There is a little pocket in the back that holds the actual invite which looks like this...




See how I tied in the "You got skills" with the start of the invite showing "So come show off those skills in a lego build off for" The invite that I sent out has more information then this but I did not want ya'll showing up at my house (I may not have enough food) :)

So that is my son's birthday invitation.  What do you think? I hope you like! My son was pretty excited about it and his friends seemed to think they were pretty neat! Just another reason why I LOVE K. ANDREW DESIGN stamps!!

Here are the sets I used...
Guy Talk
K Andrew Designs
Fall-O-Ween
K Andrew Designs

Well thanks for stopping by! I will be around to show you more projects soon! I am off to create the things for the goody bags and projects we will be doing! Be sure to check out my blog this week for more of the lego fun!!!

Have a great weekend bloggie peeps :)
Heather