Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thanks for your support

Hey everyone! Heather here from Heather's Crafty Space! Hope you are doing well on this fine Wednesday! I wanted to stop by and show you my cards I made to say thank you to some friends who helped me out! As you all know it is breast cancer awareness month and this year I wanted to do something in honor of it. So I got involved in the Making Strides for Breast Cancer Walk that was located about 10 miles from my house. It was 5K and those who walked raised money for the American Cancer Society. My friend and I formed a team called Save Second Base (we did not come up with the name all on our own, their were several teams with this name on the internet, but we loved it!). We made up T-shirts and everything. We had so much fun and raised almost $500 between the two of us. I walked in honor of my mom who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010. And thanks to places like the American Cancer Society I am happy to say in December she will celebrate 2 years cancer free! It is very humbling to hear the stories of the survivors and hear the whys of why others were walking. Whether it was for a friend or family member to honor someone or cherish their memories of a loved one lost. It was a day full of tears and joy.

So any how. I wanted to send a special Thank you to those who gave to our team so my friend and I came up with these cards....


The card is from a pile of 99 cent cards I got from Wal-mart the corset is from the Tie the Knot Cricut Cartridge. The cancer ribbon is from some gems I had around the scrappin room and the "Thanks for your support" sentiment is from K. Andrew Designs Fashionable Friends stamp set.


We had a lot of fun making these cards and I think it is a great way to say thank you to those who gave! 

Well that is all from me for now! Have a super day bloggie friends! 
See you again soon!