Friday, October 19, 2012

The Thing About Feeling Down and BIG NEWS

Happy Friday, everyone!! This is Lisa from A Mermaid's Crafts and I'm so happy and fortunate to be a part of Kristal's Design Team for another term!! I know you've enjoyed the projects from the rest of the Design Team as much as I have over the last two weeks...aren't they all talented and fabulous??!!  I have a very big announcement to make today, but first I wanted to share with you a card I created using one of my favorite stamp sets...yes, I know I say that for every set, but I love them all!!...Beautiful Thoughts.


My followers know I have a slight fondness (okay, obsession) with Spellbinders. My two most favorite things to use when making cards are Spellbinders and Kristal's stamps. For this card, the paper is from Prima Marketing Printery Stack. The bottom two layers are Spellbinders Grand Rectangles. I sanded the edges of the bottom rectangle and used my Zutter Distress-It-All on the next layer. It was then stitched to the base and inked with Old Paper and Walnut Distress Ink. A strip of Ivory tulle was added and then a strip of burlap. The gems are from Recollections. The awesome crinkle ribbon is from my sweet friend Karen of Little Scrap Pieces, surrounded by a strip of burlap.


The next two layers are Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large and Classic Rectangles Large, the edges distressed with the Distress-It-All and inked with Walnut Distress Ink. The frame is a Spellbinders Labels Eighteen, the edges sanded. It is popped up with foam tape. The inside of the frame is a Spellbinders Labels Ten, Inked with Old Paper Distress Ink. The butterflies are from Kristal's Beautiful Thoughts stamp set, as is the sentiment, which is stamped on a Spellbinders Nested Pennant Die and inked with Walnut Distress Ink.


I love the sentiment...it continues on the inside. I used the negative of the Labels Eighteen as the frame.


And now for the BIG NEWS...I'm very sad to announce that Kristal has decided to discontinue producing her line of stamps. She works full time and is raising two boys and she just doesn't have the time to keep up with the demand. I can't tell you how sad I am...I've used her sentiment stamps exclusively for over a year and I can always find the sentiment I need for any project. Plus, I love that she donates a portion of proceeds from every stamp sold to charity. You truly can feel good about purchasing her stamps knowing that not only are you getting a great product, you are helping those in need.

Kristal will be selling all of her inventory and you can purchase the remaining stock of stamps at 60% off or more!! That's below cost!! They range from $4.80 - $8.00. You don't need a special code to utilize the discount...they're already marked down. So click on the picture below to purchase your favorite stamps...hurry before they are gone forever!!


Also, Kristal will be discounting her stock of twine this weekend so be sure to check back for that sale as well!!

For the next two weeks starting on Monday, the Getting Cricky Design Team will share one final project using Kristal's stamps. Thanks so much for stopping by today!! If you would like to see more of my projects using Kristal's stamps, please click on the button below and head on over to my blog, A Mermaid's Crafts :)