Monday, January 14, 2013

Valentines Flower pot tutorial

Hi Everyone,
It's Monday. :( I hope you all survived the weekend.  It's Jessie from Edogg Sugarlips and Princess Buttercup.  I am apologizing in advance for the pics. My craftroom is under construction and since it is in the basement extremely COLD right now.  So I was couch crafting while I made this:)

So step one cut bunches of hearts in different shapes and sizes. I used my Gypsy and just filled a 6x6 section of the mat. I used Gypsy Wanderings and Chore chart for my hearts Here they are all cut out.





Then I inked all the edges I really think it gives it a nice touch. I used a pink called Rose Romance and then I use an old sock that was destined for the trash can. :)



Next, start layering them up. I just kept trying combos until I liked how they all looked together.   Here they are layered and waiting to be put together.




 Then I put them together and and added lots of bling.


I used the It's Valentine's set for the sentiment on these hearts, and on the pot.

I wrapped all my pens in red and pink twine and added the hearts.
I painted a terra cotta pot and then wrapped twine around it. There are glass beads in the bottom to help the pens stand up.
There is a perfect gift for a teacher or a friend with a desk :) have a great Monday.