Thursday, March 21, 2013

Another Use For Bakers Twine

If you're like me then you have enough bakers twine to cover the colors of the rainbow. I found some excellent ideas on Pinterest for using bakers twine. This was one of my favorites.

I took an empty glass bottle and covered it with ATG adhesive. You can also use Mod Podge, but I wasn't in the mood to be covered in glue. I wrapped the twine around the bottle, gradually switching colors from top to bottom. Then I glued a circle of fun foam to the bottom of the bottle with hot glue. I hot glued one of my crocheted flowers to the bottle and tied the K Andrew Designs More Food For Thought sentiment to the flower with some green twine. In case you were wondering, most of my twine is from Darice and purchased on Ebay.

I cut the chic in the egg using the Cricut Simply Charmed cartridge and added one of my Flower Shoppe roses to the bottle. Now I have a nice Easter decoration that can be changed and used as a vase later.

Julie
www.thecricutchirp.com