Monday, March 11, 2013

Using sentiments on embellishments

I've been working on making a nice stash of crocheted flowers to use on cards, scrapbook layouts and craft projects. I have a pretty big collection of cotton yarn in my craft store, so it's nice to find something to do with it other than making baby hats or dish cloths.
Using a 1" circle punch I stamped the Love You sentiment from K Andrew Designs "More Food For Thought" set. I used Cotton Candy ink from Close To My Heart. I inked the edges of the circle with some Tim Holtz Tea Die Distress Ink. Next, I hot glued the circle to one of my crocheted flowers. I covered the stamped circle with some Crystal Effects. I have also made some of these into hair bows or magnets for the fridge. Do you have any ideas on what you would use them for?
Julie
www.thecricutchirp.com