Monday, April 8, 2013

*Personal Rambling* What a GREAT life!!!

Hi everyone! BOY have I missed you guys, but life has been so well...daily and unpredictable!
As many of you know, life has been absolutely ebb and flow the past two years for me, full of life changes. I am thrilled to report, life is the BEST it has ever been for me. I have been enjoying my twin flame Tony, and we married after 18 mths of enjoying each other!

Have you ever heard of a twin flame? google it....and let me know if you've ever had any experience with it. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

So I love teaching, and I teach fourth grade. It is a total adventure, and I am totally enjoying the difference I'm making in so many little lives. I actually jump up excited to go to work and teach my students about being mindful, how to be a humanitarian, how to love and create art, and oh yes all those other academic necessesities!

The best part of my day is when I talk to my students about being mindful. At first, most students have no idea..then I began talking to them about being mindful...very focused on this moment...not the past, or the future, but this very minute. I also read a little bit of Thich Nacht Hahn to them. Did you know that Martin Luther King nominated Thich Nacht Hahn for the Nobel Peace Prize? He is an amazing author and person, who exemplifies to me the bell of mindfulness. Many people think Buddhism is a religion--it is not. It is a philosophy of how to live your life in harmony with the earth around you, being the best person you can be, and creating as many positive thoughts as possible.
So what I can't wait to hear from you.....
What is your favorite way to start the day?
Thanks for letting me share a little of my life with you...I can't wait to get into the routine of regular blogging and back to my artsy ways! I've definitly been doing more art than card making, since I've started teaching Art at my school once a week in the Art Club afterschool. Did you know that our school doesn't have an Art class or teacher? So many of the students are so talented in art, and they really love having the Art club. This week we created Mona Lisa Animal portraits--and I'll have to post some of them for you--they are amazing!