Monday, December 9, 2013

Book Tree Fa-La-La!!!!

Wowzers what a lot of work this has been reopening the library! My first order of business was the clean out all the old "stuff" that had found it's way into the library as it was used for storage.

Most of our books are on average of 30 years old (says our book report data on Destiny)! Wowzers! Thankfully I have an amazing principal who found money for us to order some new books! I can't wait till the books get here--probably be about 6 weeks, but until then I've given myself a $4,500 Amazon budget courtesy of my awesome supportive husband!
I can't wait to see the kids faces when Captain Underpants, Dork Diaries, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and other graphic novels start showing up!
This is SO gratifying!!!

So for this week, all I did (hahah) was of course throw out as many new books as I could find from my personal stash into the library and stand back and watch the kids get excited....

Next, I added a Book-Tree. I found lots of book covers, and most of the books are missing off the shelves, so I decided to use the Book covers as book tree decorations. The response from the kids has been amazing...although it kind of back-fired! The kids wanted to actually check out those books (bwhahaha) and I had to sad face tell them sorry those were of books that were lost thru the years. So if you are planning to do this, maybe skip the lost books! lol!!!