Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Giving in the Library

So after I recovered from the book fair, it was time to get ready for the December happenings! I decided to use Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree to promote the season of giving...the giving of Random Acts of Kindness that is!



The kids that came into the library really responded well to it. For many of them, coming to the library is a new thing, and they love the activities. I didn't even give out a prize, I just said...if you did a RAK, note it on the tree with a paper ornament. They LOVED it!


All I did was take a very old watering can (love love love) and find some old dead branches that had fallen in the yard--and then I used a craft punch that was in the shape of an ornament. Kids punched out the ornaments themselves using the punches and paper.

It was a great way to promote kindness, giving, and boy did everyone want to check out Shel Silverstein's books!!!

Lots of Library Love,
Ms. BooksmART