Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Oh the books they be a falling down from the sky....

Okay so I found a very old copy of Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer...and sadly it was all mildewed and water stained. So I decided to cut the pages that were salvageable and make what else???
Snowflakes of course! What else is a librarian to do???
I think they turned out pretty good, and by the looks of it, all I'm going to do this week is give out demonstrations to kids and adults alike on how I did it! They love it!
If you know me personally, you will know I have a thing for branches...so of course my first decorative action was to hang a branch upon so I could seasonally decorate!!!

To make them, all you do is a bit of folding/cutting. Then I dipped them into vintage style chunky silver glitter, added fishing line, and then climbed on a very tall ladder to hang! They really look cool above my snow themed book display!
Here is a youtube video that shows you how to make the book page snowflakes. I think she uses copy paper (I learned how to do this when I was in school) but just use book pages instead and you will be golden (or should I say silver) heehee have fun!!!