Thursday, February 6, 2014

Storytelling is NOT a lost art

I absolutely believe in the power of storytelling. After becoming very good friends with a storyteller, Susan McCullough in Jacksonville, I became a life-long convert...after seeing her amaze and astound my students with a story using nothing but her mouth and hands! She was AMAZING!!
So when I heard other schools were having authors come to visit for Literacy Week, I had to think quick...we had no money for an author visit, but the universe sent me an amazing gift...Darla Briganti, an actress and storyteller!
She came and spent an entire day with the kids teaching them storytelling and reader's theater. She did an amazing job! Check her out. I got to see and hear her all day long, and it was AMAZING!
Check her out in our local paper here
Here's her video of her at school and in action

Lots of Artsy Library Love,
Ms. BooksmART