Monday, March 3, 2014

Book-a-Palooza!


Okay yes, I'm VERY very excited! When I took over this library, we were in need of books since it had been many years since new ones had been ordered (15 years). So I applied for four grants..one of them being the Book-a-pa-looza sponsored by the Association for Library Services to Children, under the America Library Association.
Well wooohooo! Our school won! I couldn't believe it, when they called a few days ago I cried! I was so shocked, excited, and grateful...then thrilled for our students!!!
Here is an article they did about me in the paper: Northwood receives Book Grant

An editorial cartoon our local paper did:

And an article they did about me from ALA: Library Renaissance in Florida

And here is the official announcement: Minnesota, Alabama, and Florida Libraries Win

I'll post photos of me when I have the chance to grab some! SOOO excited for our library!!!