Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dia Award


I'm at home on my first "official" day of Summer break! I was blessed enough to win the Dia mini grant provided by Pat Mora and The Center for Children's Multicultural Literature based in California. This box of fabulous multi-cultural books arrived my last day of school: I was able to bust open the box, but I didn't have my camera, so look for an updated post soon with photos of these amazing books!
Dr. Claudette McMinn called to inform me that my school had won the mini grant earlier this year, and it was a joy to hear from her. She is warm, relate-able, and very serious about the value of our students seeing themselves in print.
Make sure you check out Dia and the Center for Children's Multicultural Literature. The center provides invaluable resource lists to aid you in your acquisition of high quality books each year.



Lots of Library Love,

Ms. BooksmART