Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Positive Affirmations:: Winners, Share-Challenge

Happy Wednesday, my sweet bloggie friends::: first off I want to announce the Winner of the Create Challenge...... #3 Melissa Sunshine Honey Bee . Congrats! You win the Amazon Gift Card:: email me and I will email your gift card::: yay!!!

Next, I want to say, I am overwhelmed and thrilled with the emails and facebook messages everyone has sent me:: it's so nice to be welcomed back to the blog world: you girls ROCK!!!

As I am writing this blog post, I am getting ready to run up to my new brick and mortar studio to meet my cousin who does sheetrocking and construction work, so hopefully he can schedule some time to come work on the remodel of Happy Lark. This is a dream come true for me:: having a real working studio. I am hoping it will be finished by March, so I can begin afternoon classes for kids & adults. I have been eagerly anticipating the day I would own my own studio, and it's getting closer and closer!!!

Here's a photo of my little shop::: notice the yellow door:: It will also have white old style casing/molding, awning, and brilliant orange shutters. I just can't wait! My husband has finally finished the electrical, so now we have lights! Did I mention, when we purchased the building it was basically a block and tin building; that's it. NO electricity, heat, air, etc. LOL! We love refurbishing and repurposing:: it's also in Historic downtown.


As you know, I am a media, broadcasting, and visual arts teacher. I essentially multi-task at a public school type setting: love the kids, but not the rest:: lol. While I have been teaching the past couple of years, my own personal artwork has suffered... I usually work on projects, grants, etc for the library or school....not myself. Lately, I am starting back into the mixed media world:: making more artwork. I am really excited about this, because it's time. It's time I begin my creative life again...for me.

Guess what? I will be exhibiting my intuitive abstract paintings with my super amazing and talented artist friend at a local university Friday for the month of January and February. Yes I am EXCITED!

Okay...so with along with starting back my own mixed media artwork, opening up a studio, I am hoping to start tutorials again::: it's going to be an exciting time:: a beautiful creative time. My sweet bestie, Amy, also a studio owner, but in Lousiana, has invited me to help her with her creative retreat in March (so March is going to be an exciting month!!!)

I digress::: lol:::
So with a new month, a new start, a new time for dreams, a new time for affirmations and a time for living the best creative life we can::: I painted a quick little positive guardian for me to remind me to stop, still myself, and LISTEN to the inner voice inside me... the one that says YOU can do it:::
Here she is:::
Listen by K Petruzzi
Materials: Canvas, Golden fluids, Golden Heavy bodies, Lyra Crayons, graphite



Lots of Artsy Love,
Kristal