Sunday, February 1, 2015

All About That Bass: It's How You See Not How You Look

How You See by K Andrew-Petruzzi
Watercolor Paper, Acrylic Inks, Acrylic fluids, Gels


Happy amazing Sunday my super sweet friends! It's Sunday, and time for my weekly artsy blog post! I enjoyed an absolutely BEAUTIFUL but BUSY week:: what about you?

What do you think about my precious sweet little owl? I had actually sketched this little owl a few days ago, absently doodling. Well I heard this amazingly beautiful and sassy song by Meghan Trainor and thought aha! Now I know what to do with this lil owl!!! So she was watercolored and a I penned a quick quote on her:: She's all about the bass--beauty on the inside: she knows what real beauty is!
There's so many times women think we need to lose weight, have thicker hair, less wrinkles, or a multi-tude of other little things that tell us, we need to do "something" to make ourselves MORE, better, blah blah blah!
I'm here to tell you that YOU are beautiful just the way you are!!! So go ahead and give the song a little listen to:: and then give yourself permission to love yourself JUST as you are! While you're at it, doodle a little bit, or paint, or just color that crayon page!!! Enjoy yourself:::
This to me is REAL LOVE:: loving yourself! Until you can love yourself, you truly can't love anyone else::

Ps don't forget my giveaway HERE


All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor (Listen while you create your next artwork)

Are you still here??? Well if you are:::::
Reading Is Tweet Valentine Book Display

Here's what I did this past week in my Library/Visual arts school job: a Reading is Tweet book display for some Valentine books: Kids seemed to love it! 

It's just book pages from a dictionary that fell apart, oil pastels scribbled in to make quick letters, and the book pages are snipped at the edges with scissors and then hung on cheap curling ribbon! This entire banner is hung from my tree branch (yes it's a real tree branch).

The bottom display was created by rolling dictionary pages and alternating them with folded paper houses! EASY peasy! I also made two quick paper birds from patterned scrapbook paper, and then added some paper hearts etc among the books::: Then I added tissue paper ruffles along an old book bin (lol) to dress it up, before adding Valentine themed books.

Hope you have a FANTABULOUS week my sweet friends!!!!
If you make anything sassy or artful (sketch, card, painting, anything) this week, please leave me a reply in the comments, so I can swing by and see it!!

Lots of Artsy Love,
Kristal


Challenges entered for Self Love card:
Pan Pastel (Love their pastels:: use them alot in my mixed media)
Cupcake Inspirations this one is so yummy!