Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Fly::: Sweet Bird Artist Trading Block Assemblage


Okay, so my artsy friend came over the other day and we both sat around chatting & making ATC blocks::: She made a fabulous funky block that so reminds me of New Orleans::: I, of course, with my bird obsession, created a FLY assemblage:::
First things first:: I cut all my wood blocks on the scroll saw:: then I covered them with lots of yummy papers & paints:::
I started my mini art with heavy cold-press watercolor paper:: sketched a very quick bird, and watercolored him: isn't he just adorable?
Then I added the "fun" stuff:: collage elements, and finally added some "legs" to my base piece. I think I am ADDICTED!~
This SOLD the first day I listed it:: how amazing was that???? That really made my entire MONTH:: It's really a grand feeling to know your art touched someone so much, they wanted to have it in their life::

I needed this inspirational piece::: sometimes we all need to remember our wings:::

Lots of Artsy Love,
Kristal