Saturday, September 19, 2015

Be Brave: Let Your Soul Fly

So one of the beginning mixed media classes I teach at my studio is Art Journaling:: each one of my students are new students: they have never art journaled, painted, or done any mixed media. They absolutely LOVE this class, and I love having them visit each Monday::
Here's what we did this past Monday: as you know I LOVE birds::: so of course, I taught them how to build a background, sketch a bird using the magic pencil (LOVE the magic pencil), and have fun with stencils & ink sprays!
Be Brave: Sing Your Own Song by Kristal Petruzzi of Happy Lark Art Studio
Materials: Canson Mixed Media Art Journal, Dylusions Inks & Paints, Stabilo All pencil, Signo gel pen, various stencils, stamps, and paintbrushes, inks, and a smidgen of glitter glue (Studio G)

So when I started this project on a Sunday afternoon, I knew I wanted to incorporate a bird, my favorite color turquoise, and my new Be Brave stamp, as well as a paintbrush. I also wanted to encourage my new art journalers to embrace the unknown journey into healing their soul thru the amazing therapy of ART.... to embrace the unknown, to encourage them that it's okay to embrace your own style, your own unique voice in your journal::: to Sing your Own Song:::
So I started out by using a paintbrush as the branch my sweet little brave bird would sit on. What do you think?
I of course, was listening to one of my favorite songs, Fly by Priscilla Anh::: I let the ladies listen to it too, so they could understand how personal this page was to me, and how so much of our thoughts, actions, dreams, desires stem from our past experience:: our childhood many times.
Hope you are enjoying your journey and letting your soal be brave and jump out there onto that branch:: that's where the fruit of life is:: the sweet taste is also on that shaky tree limb:: without a little bit of unknown you can't find the sweet spot::: and everyone has to DARE to find their sweet spot:: it makes the daring adventure into the unknown worth it...every last little bit.
If you want to check out the ladies amazing pages, click here to visit our facebook page

Wow! Art journaling class was amazing this morning::: we laughed, we painted, we spritzed ink all over the place, and...
Posted by Happy Lark Art Studio on Monday, September 14, 2015


Love to you,
Kristal