Tuesday, September 1, 2015

OH my goodness::: news news news!!!

I am SO excited to let you know that we have finally completed renovating our studio:: so excited I'm jumping for joy!! This has been a long process:: We purchased the block building in November, and just finished!! I will be painting a mural on the side of the building, so look for that in the Fall:
My art & craft studio is in our historic downtown area on Main Street! I like to call it the SOMA district (South Main):::
The exciting part is I have officially RESIGNED as a Visual Arts Teacher at our local public school to begin teaching at the studio & also begin back blogging/making tutorials. I loved teaching, but decided my time needed to be spent with my father, family, and doing what I love:: healing others thru the amazing power of Art.
YES I will be sharing lots and lots of daily inspiration with you, doing product reviews/giveaways, and teaching classes both in studio and thru tutorials online.
I've enjoyed MANY emails and Facebook messages from so many of you asking WHEN I will be selling products online, the answer is soon::: after I get my studio underway, I will be opening the online portion. I will also be participating and hosting ART retreats in the future, so look for news on this in the near future. Maybe I will see some of you at CHA and NAMTA this year!
I wanted to post just a FEW photos of the studio in progress (this week we hang the sign and boy am I excited!)
See the metal V on the front at the top? That's where my newly painted signs will go! I just finished painting ONE of them for the left side:: sigh:: now for a few more days of painting to do the 2'nd one::
Well one is better than none, right? Lol! Now Tony just has to climb up on the roof and get this heavy sign up there!! It's like cat on a hot tin roof!!!
What do you think? I painted all of this with a brush on plywood::: whew! I hand drew and designed the birds (didn't they do a good job painting this when they had to hold the paint brushes in their beaks? I mean that's pretty impressive, and they are so cute in their berets!

My grandfather was a sign painter before he broke his back (fell off a building painting a sign), and then he opened up his store in Baker (now the Baker Mercantile and Block Museum):: so I was really thinking about him when I was painting this sign:: 

So here's just a couple of quick photos of the studio: I'm still updating and rearranging and will post photos when I finish in the new two days:::

Starting to fill up the racks with Dina Wakley paints::
Watercolor brushes, some washi tape, and fluid acrylics from Holbein. The mannequin will hold the aprons to wear for art classes::

Tony transformed this antique door into a cool shelving unit for my Art Journaling supplies:: still more to add (mixed media journals, mixed media ink pads, and more!

Here's my paint bar:: This is for teaching classes:: paint in bulk! lol!
Happy as a Lark with all this paint! Wait till you see me tomorrow when I tear out the new shipment of Deco Art paints I ordered! Three new lines just came, and I'm waiting on the new Mixed Media line:: eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

You can find my new website here for the Studio Here Happy Lark Art Studio

You can find our Facebook page for Happy Lark Art Studio here

Sign up and keep up to date with us! I know most people are face-booking and not blogging as much, so feel free to comment and visit me on Facebook too!

Happy as a Lark with a French Fry,

Kristal